Central's Grixby may "greyshirt"

I think coutney might have ended up different if he could have played for Bo

Or if he wasn't our best DB. All of this hating on Courtney because he is short is "Dee Dee Dee", Yes he is short, and yes he has been our best DB for the last few years.

thank you for making that point.. i have tried many many many times to tell people that he was our most athletic and talented DB playing, but no one believes it they just say oh look hes only 5'8 hes too short to play.. blah blah.. kids got talent, and if he was 3-4 inches taller he'd be in the NFL..

but he is not.......nor will he be a DB in the NFL, or even a player. he may have been our best DB over the last couple years, but that it a testament to how poor our DB's really were.

I think coutney might have ended up different if he could have played for Bo

Or if he wasn't our best DB. All of this hating on Courtney because he is short is "Dee Dee Dee", Yes he is short, and yes he has been our best DB for the last few years.

thank you for making that point.. i have tried many many many times to tell people that he was our most athletic and talented DB playing, but no one believes it they just say oh look hes only 5'8 hes too short to play.. blah blah.. kids got talent, and if he was 3-4 inches taller he'd be in the NFL..

but he is not.......nor will he be a DB in the NFL, or even a player. he may have been our best DB over the last couple years, but that it a testament to how poor our DB's really were.

One has to qualify this statement because of the situation in which he played, but I'd argue that Zack Bowman has been our best recent DB. Of course, it is qualified in that he played very little because of injury and, after his last injury he may very well have played at 70% effectiveness (or so), having really returned too early. In any event, when he was healthy and was playing, I'd say pretty unequivocally that he was our best DB and a quite good one measured against most any standard.

That said, I do concur that Courtney Grixby played pretty well, played with great heart and is a undoubtedly a player whose contributions Husker fans should respect, admire and appreciate.

As an aside, do not be surprised to see some pretty solid play from Armando Murillo and Larry Asante this year. With a year under their belts and the seeming skill base and potential they possess these two can be quite good. I also hold out hope that Thenarse and Blue will be good. As well, Amukamura is an athlete. So we have the potential to have a decent secondary next season. No, a Texas or OU type secondary or a top 10 or 15 type secondary is not a reasonable expectation --- but a solid secondary is not out of the question.

Can someone explain how the "greyshirt" works? Maybe its a dumb question but I honestly don't know.

Grey shirt is a term used to designate an incoming freshman who waits until the second semester to enroll rather than the fall. College athletes are allowed a five year calendar to play four seasons. The calendar begins once one is enrolled. By waiting until the spring to start college, a player will be playing his last season in the sixth year after high school rather than the fifth.