Tommie Frazier honor

kramer

And who wants a sh*#@y Pro-Style QB like Beck or Taylor. Crappy USC only won back-to-back titles and OU played for back-to-back titles the last 2 years with one of those.

Dang, if OU would have had an option QB, they may have won the NC the past 4 years in a row!!!!!! :thumbs

Last I checked, guys like Vick, McNair, Culpepper, and McNabb are what the NFL guys are moving to. I wonder why that is?

And who wants a sh*#@y Pro-Style QB like Beck or Taylor.  Crappy USC only won back-to-back titles and OU played for back-to-back titles the last 2 years with one of those. 

Dang, if OU would have had an option QB, they may have won the NC the past 4 years in a row!!!!!! :thumbs

Last I checked, guys like Vick, McNair, Culpepper, and McNabb are what the NFL guys are moving to. I wonder why that is?

None of the guys you have listed ran an option base attack like NU ran. Other then maybe McNabb at Syracuse the rest ran a pretty balanced attack. How many teams are in the NFL? How many have QB's like you listed?

Debatable, at best. For every Vick, McNair, Culpepper, and McNabb, you also have a Manning, Brady, Pennington, Rothlisberger, and Manning (Eli).

You get the type of quarterback best suited to your system.

Tommie Frazier was a winner, no one can argue that, playing in the pros or not. NU hasnt had someone like that since Crouch left, they just win, and that is a major problem with the program. You just cant find guys like that everyday though, and who cares what they are doing in the pros, not that i dont wish the alum sucess, but mobile or drop back type im worried about what they can do when they are part of this program mainly. NU doesnt need a certain kind of QB they just need a leader and a winner like Tommie Frazier was. Just for the record i think that NU would do better with a mobile type/option type/ run oriented QB because thats what they have been doing since Noah built the arc and its what they are known for, IMO they have a better chance for recruiting those types of players to fit that type of system.

Tommie Frazier was a winner, no one can argue that, playing in the pros or not. NU hasnt had someone like that since Crouch left, they just win, and that is a major problem with the program. You just cant find guys like that everyday though, and who cares what they are doing in the pros, not that i dont wish the alum sucess, but mobile or drop back type im worried about what they can do when they are part of this program mainly. NU doesnt need a certain kind of QB they just need a leader and a winner like Tommie Frazier was. Just for the record i think that NU would do better with a mobile type/option type/ run oriented QB because thats what they have been doing since Noah built the arc and its what they are known for, IMO they have a better chance for recruiting those types of players to fit that type of system.

I disagree to a point. NU does need a certain type of quarterback. Joe was brought in as a option quarterback. Not a drop back QB. Sure, we could also use a QB that could do both (ie a Mike Vick type guy).

However, I agree that we do need playmakers at key positions.

What big game did Detmer ever win other than the Miami game which there is still a lot of controversy over as to if that was a fixed game or not?

I'm a BYU alumnus and currently live in Utah. I've cheered for BYU ahead of everyone else over the years except for the Huserks and have followed them just as closely. I've never heard of this fixed game controversey you speak of. Please enlighten me.

It was rumored that year that the Miami linemen would key the defense by how they stood in their stance whether the play was a pass or a run. If they sat back on their haunches, it was a pass. If they were up on their toes, it was a run. It was a big deal on ESPN. The NCAA investigated, but nothing ever came of it.

I'm not saying it's true. I'm just saying that it was a controversy.

Tommie Frazier was a winner, no one can argue that, playing in the pros or not.  NU hasnt had someone like that since Crouch left, they just win, and that is a major problem with the program. You just cant find guys like that everyday though, and who cares what they are doing in the pros, not that i dont wish the alum sucess, but mobile or drop back type im worried about what they can do when they are part of this program mainly.  NU doesnt need a certain kind of QB they just need a leader and a winner like Tommie Frazier was.  Just for the record i think that NU would do better with a mobile type/option type/ run oriented QB because thats what they have been doing since Noah built the arc and its what they are known for, IMO they have a better chance for recruiting those types of players to fit that type of system.

I disagree to a point. NU does need a certain type of quarterback. Joe was brought in as a option quarterback. Not a drop back QB. Sure, we could also use a QB that could do both (ie a Mike Vick type guy).

Its funny how everyone has the misconception that Dailey was brought in as an option qb. Barney wanted him because he was a "passer who could run" as Barney was trying to SLOWLY change the offense to one that was more balanced. I remember Joe's HS coach (in an interview) saying that they ran a stripped down version of the WCO.

Just because TO and FS ran some option and recruited qbs that were mobile doesnt mean that JD cant be a dropback qb with the right coaching.

Its just not true.

Just because TO and FS ran some option and recruited qbs that were mobile doesnt mean that JD cant be a dropback qb with the right coaching.

Its just not true.

Sorry I don't think even Spurrier could make Dailey into a good drop back passer. What did he show last year or the year before that makes you think otherwise?

It seemed like (2003) in his limited/mop-up duty, he showed the ability to run at least a portion of the offense well, so much so that it had the "fans" calling for JLs head, and they wanted JD to start.

Oh how the times have changed.

Its just not true.

Did you see the guy miss open receivers time after time after time last year?

I remember many people calling for Lord's head because Joe was a horrible passer. He'd overthrow screen passes by 10 yards. He did have a pretty good deep ball, though. But everyone called for JL's head because they thought JD could throw the ball, and Lord's arm didn't scare anybody. We found out the truth about JD's arm this year, though. I hope he can improve and even contribute next year, but I'm not looking forward to it because he's not gonna develop that 'accurate touch' that this offense needs.

Tommie Frazier was a winner, no one can argue that, playing in the pros or not.  NU hasnt had someone like that since Crouch left, they just win, and that is a major problem with the program. You just cant find guys like that everyday though, and who cares what they are doing in the pros, not that i dont wish the alum sucess, but mobile or drop back type im worried about what they can do when they are part of this program mainly.  NU doesnt need a certain kind of QB they just need a leader and a winner like Tommie Frazier was.  Just for the record i think that NU would do better with a mobile type/option type/ run oriented QB because thats what they have been doing since Noah built the arc and its what they are known for, IMO they have a better chance for recruiting those types of players to fit that type of system.

Its funny how everyone has the misconception that Dailey was brought in as an option qb. Barney wanted him because he was a "passer who could run" as Barney was trying to SLOWLY change the offense to one that was more balanced. I remember Joe's HS coach (in an interview) saying that they ran a stripped down version of the WCO.

Its just not true.

OK, you got me on the details. My point was he was not recruited as a drop back passer which is what we need now apparently.

Barney's transistion to his offense was only slowed by Lord IMO. If he could have rolled it out with him, he could have.Callahan rolled out a lot of his offense, then drew it back quite a bit when Dailey struggled.

JD can be whatever he wants. However is it not conceivable that it could take more than 1 season's experience? Sure they could have ran a version of the WCO in high school and frankly, I bet there are quite a few teams that do. However, because it might have been called a "WCO" doesn't mean it wasn't drastically different than Callahan and Co.'s.

Its just not true.

Did you see the guy miss open receivers time after time after time last year?

I remember many people calling for Lord's head because Joe was a horrible passer. He'd overthrow screen passes by 10 yards. He did have a pretty good deep ball, though. But everyone called for JL's head because they thought JD could throw the ball, and Lord's arm didn't scare anybody. We found out the truth about JD's arm this year, though. I hope he can improve and even contribute next year, but I'm not looking forward to it because he's not gonna develop that 'accurate touch' that this offense needs.

I agree with what you are saying about Dailey. However many times this year he showed good mechanics in delivering the ball. Other times he looked rushed and had busy feet. He needs to relax a bit. That might help. Somtimes it looked like he was trying to hard, if you know what I mean.