Future Huskers

With two weeks till signing day I consider most of the recruits Huskers. So keep the topic here. WHat is everyones thoughts on these guys.

Lucky showed flashes. With it being an all-star game, everyone needed to play. I felt he didn't get into a rythmn. But his one 18 yard touchdown run, he broke the LB's ankles. He showed toughness and strength on several draw plays. He's got an upper body and big arms. He, according to Tom Lemming, had the best hands of any back playing.

Dillard was solid. Cameawy with an INT. He started andplayed most of the game.

Picou looked average. Look for him to start in two years.

Can anyone gauge Washington. He says he wants to play RB, but looks to be a FS, especially without Bullocks.

He didn't do anything in the all star game but its hard to take anything from the game. Everyone said lucky was awesome but he had 5 carries, 1 good one which there was a huge hole and 4 just ok runs for minimal gain. Dillard looked good. Olineman should both redshirt imo. Congden=very average imo.

People were raving about Lucky and Dillard, but the kicker has a weak leg, and the O linemen were not that good. Agreed both should RS. Roark may be decent 3-4 from now, but Picou had better do alot of work. He is big, fat, slow and weak. 5.2 40. I thought they said that he could only bench 225 something like 18-20 times. I did that when I weighed 185.

I agree with what you guys are saying here. Congdon did what was asked. He didn't have to kick any field goals so he didn't have a chance to show anything really. Extra points are bleh. The kid warms up from 46 yards out. I don't think the leg is weak. Oh and the ball was not a college ball.

Dillard was really the only one that was on the field a lot out of the NU commits. He looked pretty good. Lucky didn't see the field that often, but did get the only rushing touchdown.

The linemen probably need some work,but I think they all have a good fundamental base.

I was kinda dissapointed in the all-star game in general. I understand that it is a showcase for people to show their individual talents and that they would pretty much have to get everyone in to play. I don't know, I guess I expected more from both sides but when the coaches only have a week to prepare, what are you gonna do? I probably would have got more out of it if I was actually there.

People were raving about Lucky and Dillard, but the kicker has a weak leg, and the O linemen were not that good. Agreed both should RS. Roark may be decent 3-4 from now, but Picou had better do alot of work. He is big, fat, slow and weak. 5.2 40. I thought they said that he could only bench 225 something like 18-20 times. I did that when I weighed 185.

The ball they used is different. It was an indoor football league ball. There lighter. Thus harder to kick.

He is big, fat, slow and weak. 5.2 40. I thought they said that he could only bench 225 something like 18-20 times.

18-20 is pretty respectable for an 18 year old. There are NFL lineman that can only do 24-25. I remember during the Pro Bowl skills competition last year, Jason Taylor could only do 16 reps.

I did that when I weighed 185.

Back in high school I could throw a pigskin a quarter mile. :lol:

I thouroughly enjoyed watching the all-star game, but with so many of our recruits playing,it was even better. We are complaining about having 6 players inthe game that have committed to us not look so good. I will take six of our recruits playing in the Army all-star game anyday. We need look on the positive side of things. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

That TD run by Lucky was faaaaarrr from a huge hole, he had to make that sick cut to get to it, and he made the play.

The only recruit that stood out as terrible was Picou, who got got manhandled by Melvin Alaeze (Maryland). But, Picou was playing Tackle because of neccessity in the AA game, and there's no way he'll ever be playing tackle at the college level.

I agree with this Lucky3000 guy. Picou is more of an interior lineman, he isn't a tackle. Doesn't do well against guys quicker than him. He's a guard. Dillard was the most impressive I believe. He was all over the field, near the ball wherever it was. Had a TFL, INT and many tackles. Lucky looked very good. Has sick moves and left everyone looking when he broke into the open field. Keep in mind this is an ALL AMERICAN game. Lucky made everyone else look like they didn't know what speed was. That's crazy. Jackson didn't play much. Roark was getting beat by Slocum early but ended up holding his own and had a great week of practice. Congdon hit every XP but never put one in the end zone. Suh played almost all game at OG. Pretty much we were represented very well at the game.

Congdon hit every XP but never put one in the end zone.

This surprised me at first, but then I saw that they weren't using a college football. It was more like a pro football. Secondly, his stats say he kicks 85% of his kickoffs for touchbacks. If that's true, I can't wait to see him kick and I think if he can attain the starting position he will be a difference maker. Our kicking, like many things last year, was abysmal.