Big XII 08 predictions

sea o' red

heres my predictions for the standing in the Big XII cfb standings at the end of the 2008 year

1.Oklahoma

2.Kansas

3.Mizzou

4.Texas

5.Texas Tech

6.Nebraska

7.Colorado

8.Texas A&M

9.Iowa State

10.Okie State

11.Kansas State

12.Baylor

the top 8 teams will get bowl invitations and only oklahoma will get a bcs bid

heres my predictions for the standing in the Big XII cfb standings at the end of the 2008 year

1.Oklahoma

2.Kansas

3.Mizzou

4.Texas

5.Texas Tech

6.Nebraska

7.Colorado

8.Texas A&M

9.Iowa State

10.Okie State

11.Kansas State

12.Baylor

the top 8 teams will get bowl invitations and only oklahoma will get a bcs bid

methinks more like this,

1 Oklahoma

2 Mizzou

3 Texas

4 Colorado

5 Texas Tech

6 Nebraska

7 Kansas

8 A&M

9 Oklahoma State

10 Kansas State

11 Iowa State

12 Baylor.

OU SHOULD win the conference again unless Texas has a stellar year.

BUT, I think Iowa State could be a surprise too. A&M could be a lot higher as long as Sherman doesn't make the callahan mistakes. I suspect he's doing just that though. Tech SHOULD be good...I think they've got a ton of starters back, but they could fall flat on their faces too.

The other variable is Kansas State. Prince will either go 1-11 or he'll win the national championship..gonna be a TON of jucos entering the line up so if they're as good as hoped for KSU could make a move. But it'll only be for one season..

It's getting tougher and tougher to decide who will be good year-to-year. But here is my guess...

1 Oklahoma

2 Mizzou

3 Texas

4 Texas Tech

5 Kansas

6 Nebraska

7 Colorado

8 A&M

9 Oklahoma State

10 Iowa State

11 Kansas State

12 Baylor

I have this feeling that Oklahoma, Mizzou, & Texas are going to be tough to beat. Unfortunately for NU, we get to face 2 out of the 3 of those teams.

Another team that could possibly do well - depending on how good the 18-19 juco recruits actually are - is Kansas State Community College (KSCC). It's quite obvious Prince wants out, so he's trying to beef up his team in a short period of time so he gets other offers. Whether this works or not depends on how good those juco players actually are.

Should be another interesting NCAA football season. I look forward to it!

• 3 months later...

North

#1 Nebraska............... If Bo can fix the defense, Huskers can easily return to '06 North title form

#2 Missouri................. Should have another solid year but the Tigers will struggle in Lincoln and in Austin

#3 Colorado................ Has potential but Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma St., A&M, and Texas will be tough

#4 Kansas St............... Juco's might be a temporary fix for the wildcats

#5 Kansas................... Schedule includes Colorado, Tech, and Texas and games at NU, OU, and Missou

#6 Iowa St.................. Has a lot of ground to make up before they can compete

South

#1 Oklahoma.............. Defending champs should be strong again

#2 Texas Tech............ Defense is improved. Team could break through

#3 Texas.................... Didn't meet team expections in '07. Hard team to predict

#4 Texas A&M............. Decent team in a tough conference. Hard to see Aggies fighting for a top

#5 Oklahoma St.......... Defense is expected to be bad. Could finish anywhere from 4th to 6th in the South

#6 Baylor................... Not a very good team. Period