Tailgating for Hokies!

HokieHigh

Thanks for the help w/ a hotel. I think my group is good to go now. Now lets get down to business.....How is the tailgating on gameday? Can I find a spot on early Saturday morning for a small fee ($5,10,15) Do you tailgate on campus or off campus? How strict are the rules? Any bit of info sure would help out. Thank ya'll and looking forward to September 27th!

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi

Tech Tech VPI

Others will be more qualified to fill you in, but from my experience, Lincoln isn't a tailgating mecca. It is more geared towards the bar scene, as the tailgating lots are spaced out around Lincoln, which takes away from the experience. It's my least-favorite thing about gamedays in Lincoln. I'm not saying there is no tailgating, just that it is spread out too far.

I plan on having one. It is under the overpass on the Northwest end of the stadium. We did it there for the Texas game. I will have more information as time goes by. We have done them for several of the big games. I will be there for the VaTech game and the Missouri game it appears.

Other than that bit of information, I can not tell you much about where to try. But you will be more than welcome at ours. It is normally called the Huskerboard tailgate. Eric will fill you in on it I am sure.