Call out of the students

That's pretty much why I don't go to basketball games anymore. Maybe I should start going again and light a fire under their asses.

Worst of all is some of the shirts these people wear to games. What’s with a neon-green shirt that says "Nebraska"? That’s like a Diet Coke in the hands of a fat girl. It’s not getting the job done.

Out of all the schools in the country, there are a handful that can be identified with one color. Nebraska’s one of those schools, and the color of choice is red. You don’t wear pink, green, or blue shirts because they’re a better match for your skin tone. If that’s your story, just keep your metrosexual butt at home and watch Project Runway.

And this could go for football games as well. I absolutely agree. Embarassing.

then i see it was from the daily nebraskan

lol i was gonna say.. its from the POS paper...

to be honest, of course students aren't as fired up for basketball.. theres NO HISTORY.. wheres the success been? i mean, no offense to the hoops team, but they aren't football... theres a reason we have the most consecutive football sellouts of all time.. we've been good for a long time... basketball hasn't.. its just part of life.. and to say that they go home quiet after a great effort win/lose... um... Oregon? um... KSU? stormed courts both time, no matter how good or bad it looked, thats not "leaving quietly"...

but also to say they probably aren't going to make the NCAA's.. well quite possibly.. but we still have a chance.. the game vs texas is going to help our RPI a lot.. and if we can make it to the 2nd round and possibly 3rd of the big 12 tourney, it'll help it even that much more... plus look at we've won 6 of our last 9 and 3 straight.. and a win at OSU (and beating CU at home obv) would put us at .500 in the big 12 and 8-4 in our last 12.. it'll be an interesting finish we've just lost too many games we had in reach.. ie. CU, BU, MU, ISU....

Another reason why the games don't appear to be as loud as the Duke, and KU games the students are all along the side lines (at least one side) of the games not underneath the baskets like at UNL. Also I have never been to a game at KU or Duke but I thought that some of these other schools seats are built to make it fell like the crowd stands over the court. The students at Duke, UNC, and Kansas are right on the floor. The crowd at Devaney is up off of the floor. However, the history of Nebraska Basketball doesn't help. I think that as the team gets better the students will follow.

Also, crowd support has always been awesome at Nebraska especially for football. However, I have been to stadiums all over the Big 12 and numerous professional stadiums. And Nebraska is the only stadium where I have been told to sit down when I was cheering for Nebraska. (Because the Guy behind me was sitting and he couldn't see with me standing up. Both games were big games. The first one was against. N.D. I was lucky to end up with awesome seats and my dad has never been to a big game at Memoirial Stadium so I took him. He was standing through out the first quarter and at the end the guy behind us started complaining and asked if we were going to stand the whole game. The other was during the Missouri game a couple years ago. I came back and was cheering for the defense. I was in one endzone and the guy behind me started yelling at me saying the D can't hear you when they are at the 50.

Nebraska has the longest sell out streak but Memorial Stadium isn't one of the loudest .