Serious question.........

As an adopted baby, I can tell you that I count my blessings everday for how lucky I am to have been adopted by such amazing people. I don't even consider my birthmother anything anymore as my parents have done such an excellent job at loving and taking care of me. Trust me, from what I can derive from you from on here, you seem like a good guy who would do nothing but love your child. Just think how happy you would make some kid who isn't wanted by his birthmother.

When my parents told me I was adopted, I didn't even care, I was just happy to be unconditionally loved by someone so much. My mom tells me all the time that she waited her whole life for me, and I truly believe she did. (they couldn't have children either)

So, adoption is an awesome thing BRI, just because the kid isn't your blood, doesn't mean they can't be your own.

First of all BRI, since God created you & your wife, dont ever take anything out on Him for not getting what you want. Appreciate and give thanks to Him for what you do have, what He has given you. Have some faith, brotha.

Secondly, listen to Ballz. It's an amazing story as it should be. Having a child is a journey, not about who the child looks more like, the mom or the father. There are lots of guys and girls that marry someone who has a young child and they grow to love that child as if their own. All I'm saying is, adopting is very special and it's up to you to provide that love and guidance and discipline.

Again, hang in there brotha.

BRI, this may sound dumb but it worked for me and my wife after 8 years of NOTHING working.

Being a fireman, like you I work shift work. Well I got promoted to Assistant Chief and my schedule changed radically. I think it was less than 4 months after the shift change that my wife got pregnant.

Alot of DR's don't take shift workers schedules into the situation, but being in the fire service I have seen this happen quite alot and it is a standing joke when somebody changes shifts that their wife is going to get pregnant.

Just something else to think about if you already haven't.

Good luck, and I will be praying for you.