Teaching Stopped During Callahan's Era

I still believe that BC philosophy which Coz adopted as well was to play against a teams weakness thus a new plan and a new scheme each week.

The good teams at the college level take a different approach. They simply say this is what we do, we are going to try and execute it better than you execute what you do and hopefully we will win. Granted they tweak things but the basic schemes pretty much stay the same. They just emphasize certain aspects more when going against a given defense or offense.

I still believe that BC philosophy which Coz adopted as well was to play against a teams weakness thus a new plan and a new scheme each week.

The good teams at the college level take a different approach. They simply say this is what we do, we are going to try and execute it better than you execute what you do and hopefully we will win. Granted they tweak things but the basic schemes pretty much stay the same. They just emphasize certain aspects more when going against a given defense or offense.

I am not sure that there was a philosophy at all on defense. Offensive philosophy was too damn hard headed and did not have the ability to come back if we got too far behind....Callahan only knew his way, and to heck with anything else that might work when his wasn't.

Great point made in that article:

Those who kept up played. Which means that the best players didn't always play.

Pelini is going to get the best players on the field, rather than just the best learners. Good to hear, and good news for recruiting.

Now we can tell recruits that they'll play early, and actually mean it.