Should TO play???

To's doctor says:

"I'm not releasing him medically," surgeon Mark Myerson of Baltimore told The Philadelphia Inquirer after examining Owens's right ankle on Tuesday.

"He's not medically fit to play. However, he has done extremely well in his recovery and his rehab, and he feels he'll be able to play."

TO says screw that :

"

Spiritually I have been healed and I believe I will be out on the field regardless of what anybody else says," he told reporters Monday night.

Myerson said he understood the receiver's feelings.

The DR is obviously covering himself from liability.

I say why not, its the biggest game he will probably ever experience, so he cant pass that up. Of course if they lose the detractors will say he was a distraction and got in the way, but if he hadnt played the same people would have said he gave up on his team and couldve helped in some small way.

Personally I feel he's going to have a big game. Cant say Im a fan of the guy, but will admit hes a big game player, and doesnt fold under pressure. Dont underestimate the power of adrenaline combined with cortisone. See Curt Schilling. Hell some players have shrugged off injuries in big games only to find out they broke a leg or arm.

The DR is obviously covering himself from liability. 

I say why not, its the biggest game he will probably ever experience, so he cant pass that up.  Of course if they lose the detractors will say he was a distraction and got in the way, but if he hadnt played the same people would have said he gave up on his team and couldve helped in some small way. 

Personally I feel he's going to have a big game.  Cant say Im a fan of the guy, but will admit hes a big game player, and doesnt fold under pressure.  Dont underestimate the power of adrenaline combined with cortisone.  See Curt Schilling.  Hell some players have shrugged off injuries in big games only to find out they broke a leg or arm.

Didn't Ronnie Lott have a finger amputated so he could play in the super bowl back with the 80's? I think that TO should play if he feels as good about his ankle as he says he does. The doctors just don't want to get in trouble, but TO is a freak and has healed quickly. Earlier this year though, Randy Moss came back too soon from a hamstring injury and actually hurt his team by being out there. There was no way he could beat anyone deep so the safeties played closer to the line of scrimmage and shut down the middle routes. TO is a different type of receiver though, a lot more physical than Moss. I think TO would be an asset to their team on Super Bowl sunday.