Kody Spano

I came across this bit in a Cyclone blog from March 1st...

Offensive coordinator Robert McFarland was in Council Bluffs the other day, answer questions about the incoming recruiting class and ISU football in general. Here's the big things...

"• Apparently Nebraska QB commit Kody Spano wanted an offer to ISU, but we did not give him one. He's rated higher than Tiller, but apparently we were comfortable with Tiller. Probably due to Spano's weird looking face/hair combo."

I'm also slightly surprised and little bit skeptical of McFarland's story about Kody Spano. He's a pretty good athlete to just deny a scholarship to. If so, then Jerome (as well as Austen and Phillip) must be something special. And, if so, times must be a changin' if Nebraska is some kid's fallback option to ISU.

Even Cyclone bloggers have trouble drinking the Cardinal Colored Kool-Aid sometimes :lol:

A couple of other interesting things from McFarland included:

• CB Ter'ran Benton visited Nebraska after his commitment to ISU, but felt so bad about it afterwards that he called up the ISU coaches and apologized.

• JUCO DB Kennard Banks will play CB next year. Said K-State tried to prevent him from visiting ISU after de-committing from the Cats.

• The ISU AD will try and press the NCAA to take action on Texas A&M for its handling of the Sedrick Johnson situation.

I expected better from A & M...K-State, not so much...but A&M?

• RB Bo Williams visited ISU immediately after his release and loved it, made snow angels. Apparently isn't aware the rest of the state is sick of this sh#t and is tired of shoveling.

Well...I found it all quite entertaining anyway....

"• Apparently Nebraska QB commit Kody Spano wanted an offer to ISU, but we did not give him one. He's rated higher than Tiller, but apparently we were comfortable with Tiller. Probably due to Spano's weird looking face/hair combo."

And they wonder why they are not competitive? :corndance

bwahahahahah. The guy could have 3 eyes for all I care.

Might help with peripheral vision..

KODYSPANOJD150.JPGmichelangelo-sculptures-13.jpg

What's the Texas A&M /handling of the Sedrick Johnson thing?

Link to Cy's sizable sighs

How to anger the NCAA on Football Signing Day

Lol...my first impression reading through the 2nd link was that he probably didn't understand that he was only supposed to send the LOI to the school he wanted to attend....then I had to chuckle when I realized that he was playing between his mom and dad...poor kid.... :bang