Weight: 210 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Illinois, Akron

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Highly touted recruit from Pelini's hometown plays lots of RB for his HS. Also plays LB and DB and could end up as defensive player at next level. Will be interesting to see how programs recruit him.

ESPN evaluation: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Scouting Ohio video (video as RB): http://scoutingohio.com/Derrell%20Mason_2009.htm

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% Would like to see how Pelini would use his talent. Expect offers from more Big 10 schools.

• 4 months later...

Not sure how he feels about Nebraska, but he is still waiting on those other Big 10 offers as only offer from the conference is Illinois. Anyway, had a good game the other night:

Senior Darrell Mason scored for [sic] touchdowns for the unbeaten Irish.

MENTOR — Ursuline senior Darrell Mason scored four TDs and the Irish stayed unbeaten in a big way, blasting host Mentor Lake Catholic 53-14 in a prep football game on Saturday night.

“I am surprised by the margin of victory,” said Irish coach Dan Reardon. “I felt that if we played to our ability, we’d win the game.

“We have a lot of respect for Mentor Lake Catholic’s program and coming into the game they definitely had our attention.”

L.J. Stevens added an interception return for a touchdown and Dale Peterman returned a fumble for another score. Jeff Podolsky, Allen Jones and Nico Irizarry also scored TDs for the Irish (3-0), who play host to Massillon next weekend.

“I was really happy with how we practiced this week and the results showed through,” said Reardon. “We had a really good focus and I don’t know if we had that last week. We won handily [beating Bethlehem Catholic 44-21] but I don’t think we played to our ability.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone hear anything new about this guy? For some reason there have been no updates since the summer. Probably no longer on Nebraska's list as he's really a prospect at safety and kind of a slow (4.81 at the combine).

I wouldn't put too much into the combine 40 time, personally. Scout has Rex Burkhead's 40 time as 4.82 at their combine:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=3062834

I think we'd all agree he's not slow.

• 1 month later...