Virginia Tech game tickets

Greetings,

My wife and I are planning to come up to see our Hokies play the Huskers this year. I have heard great things about your stadium and fans from my Big 12 fans here in Texas. Two (2) questions.

1. How difficult is it to get tickets on gameday?

2. We will be flying our plane up from Texas. How crowded is the airport on gameday?

Thanks,

An Old Hokie in Texas

i can't answer the question about the airport, because i've never been there on a game day..

what i do know for sure though is you'll be able to find tickets on game day, i can't guarantee they are going to be what you want to pay though.. if i were you i would look around on the internet before and see if you can find anything that suits your prices, and if not, just come on up and buy some, there will be some around.. just beware of the prices, because it wont be cheap.. especially this year..

hope you have a great trip up and enjoy your stay!! good luck to ya guys!!

i can't answer the question about the airport, because i've never been there on a game day..

what i do know for sure though is you'll be able to find tickets on game day, i can't guarantee they are going to be what you want to pay though.. if i were you i would look around on the internet before and see if you can find anything that suits your prices, and if not, just come on up and buy some, there will be some around.. just beware of the prices, because it wont be cheap.. especially this year..

hope you have a great trip up and enjoy your stay!! good luck to ya guys in every game except when you are in town to play the HUSKERS!!

fixed that for ya!

I guessed the good luck caveat was implied.

It looks like internet tickets are ranging from terrible seats at $250 each to good seats for $600 each. Is that close to game day prices?

Also where do you stick the visitors and how many tickets are sold through the visiting university.

By the way I'm always impressed with Nebraska fans when they come to Waco (Central Texas) to see the Huskers beat up on the lowly Bears.

I guessed the good luck caveat was implied.

It looks like internet tickets are ranging from terrible seats at $250 each to good seats for $600 each. Is that close to game day prices?

Also where do you stick the visitors and how many tickets are sold through the visiting university.

By the way I'm always impressed with Nebraska fans when they come to Waco (Central Texas) to see the Huskers beat up on the lowly Bears.

Well I don't think the tickets are going to go as high as the USC game was last season. However, I would definately plan on spending at least $400.00 for a pair of tickets. The visitors are usually in the southwest corner of the stadium, but if you purchase tickets from a scalper you could be anywhere. I would recommend sitting in the South endzone somewhere so you can view the big screen. Good luck to the Hokies and here's to great game.

you'll get tickets cheaper than that if you buy em off scalpers.. i know the USC student tickets were going for about $175-200 (then add $55 to validate) before the season and up to about wednesday before.. then they started to fall between $100-$150.. i would say like bigrediowan said, about $400 for a pair of tickets.. which isnt TERRIBLE.. but not great

Thanks for the info. I know bowl games have started out higher early, then gone down and finally either gone way down or flat.

I'm sure I'll buy some prior to my trip to Lincoln.

Thanks,

Centex Hokie

I dunno- if you wait until a few minutes prior to kickoff the scalpers start getting desperate because they know that if they don't sell the tickets they will be worthless in about 30 minutes. I know a few guys who bought tickets outside of the gate at the USC game for 40 bucks just by waiting for a while like that.