Position: RB

Height: 6’1.5”

Weight: 210

40 time: 4.61

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #25/***

Insiders: #31/***

Commit Date: 11/30/04

In depth analysis, stats, pros, con, etc. to come throughout the day and the week. Feel free to begin discussion on any topic you would like.

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

5) Where do you see this player in 2009?

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

My first impression is who the hell is this guy. Now that I think, this gut could turn into a Robin Miller and not do a damn thing or the guy that could come up big and start playing out of nowhere. Say Cory Ross.

No, He's gonna redshirt Too many guys in the mix the coaches want to see.

It's very tough to see, roll player or rolling one

One number....6,300. That's how many yards he had rushing in high school. He participated in Basketball, Power Lifting and Track during his Prep career. In track he competed in the high jump (6’4” best effort), long jump (21’ best effort), the 100-meters (10.9 best effort), and the 4x100 relays. He could also end up play fullback.

I've watched him play for the last four years and he can handle to ball anywhere on the football field. He has little back moves in a big backs body. He'll run over you if he has to. He's a great young man.

Thats great to hear, thanks for sharing!! By the way do you happen to know of a link to his High school team so we could find stats and stuff?? :)

Highlight reel is great. He's got great vision and power, but also has speed. He'll be a great fit for big back in our system.

7. He's a great player but his talent probably won't be utilized to its full effect at Nebraska.

Nah, he'll redshirt. Cally wants him up to 240.

Dan Alexander.

RS Senior premiering either as just our goal line back or our starting RB.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Have you gotten to see his film? I've posted this before, Cody has some serious moves, in fact I think better moves than Lucky/Leon, just doesn't have the take-it-to-the-house any time he touches the ball speed like they do. I've read quite a few places where they talk about him at fullback. If that is the case, his weight will probably determine whether he RS this fall or not IMO (if he needs to get bigger for FB). With Brandon Jackson and Thomas Lawson, they probably don't need another big back this fall, unless BJ reinjures his shoulder. IMO he will redshirt, but look forward to seeing what he can do at NU after watching his film. I'd bet he's better than Lawson now, but no sense in burning a shirt if it won't be significant time (at least I hope).