Nebraska's Offense

I think the passing game is here to stay in Nebraska, but we are going to remain balanced. We have way to much talent at running back to not utilize it. Use Lucky and Helu for finesse and as long as he can hang onto the ball Q to run it down their throats from the 2 yard line.

I am hoping we see some FB runs up the gut at the 2... Let Castille run it from our own 10 so he can hit every single defender on the field before he goes the distance for the TD!!

We're still a WCO-team. We'll have some spread-option like against CU. We'll also have a more physical blocking scheme/style. Watson will likely want to pound the rock a little more, especially with what we have back at rb as compared to wr. But judging from what coaches have said and what I saw at the Spring-game I wouldn't look for big changes in the O. It works, hopefully this season it just works a little more consistently.

So it begged many questions: What will the new offense be like? Will it be the Huskers' historic bread and butter, the triple option? West Coast? Spread? What?

Since when was the triple option NU's "bread and butter?" Why does everyone think that's what Osborne's offense was based on? Yes, they did run the triple option sometimes (usually very successfully), but that wasn't the center of the offense.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez...

Word, he ran a multiple set power I. It was Solich's emphasis on the QB runs and his poor recruiting at I-back that did him in. Osborne's offense needed a great I-back, but a tough, competant QB, not just an athlete. Solich's offense turned into a FLEX-BONE.