ATH Terrell Williams

Player: Terrell Williams

Hometown: Tulsa, OK

Position: ATH

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 210 lbs.

40 time: 4.63

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Northwestern, Stanford, Oregon State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: ATH has good size and quickness and is able to play WR and S. From ESPN Evaluation: Williams is a versatile athlete that is best suited for the wide receiver position at the next level. He is an intimidating football player with great height and weight for a skilled athlete. A running quarterback that runs the option very well. Makes good reads and can turn the ball north and south with authority and confidence. Quicker than fast; makes sharp cuts and has good vision. Can cut the ball back across the grain for big gains. More: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...cruitId%3d55168

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%. We are in his top choices.

Expressing some interest in Arkansas...

Not looking good - I think we've lost this one...

RECRUITING: Arkansas assistant has an impact in Tulsa

By Otis Kirk

Originally published 04:21 a.m., June 1, 2008

Updated 04:28 a.m., June 1, 2008

FAYETTEVILLE When Arkansas Coach Bobby Petrino hired Garrick McGee from Northwestern University, it became clear the Razorbacks would be a player when it came to recruiting Oklahoma.

McGee played his high school football in Tulsa at Booker T. Washington High School, where his father was the longtime coach. McGee reportedly has extended several offers in the Tulsa area, with the latest going to Broken Arrow offensive guard Alvin Bailey, 6-4, 300 pounds, 5.3 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

***SNIP***

Among the other Tulsa-area players being sought by McGee and the Razorbacks are Jenks cornerback Gabe Lynn, 6-1, 180, 4.47; Owasso offensive guard Brandon Webb, 6-4, 290, 5.3; Tulsa East Central cornerback David Gordon, 6-0, 170, 4.4, and Tulsa Edison athlete Terrell Williams, 6-3, 215, 4.63.

***SNIP***

Williams has 10 offers and is capable of playing several positions in college. He plays all over the field for Edison but admits to having a favorite position when it comes to college.

"I think I will play either wide receiver or safety," Williams said. "I feel wide receiver will be my best position here next season, but safety is my favorite position. I like safety because you get to hit people and you can score if you pick off a pass."

McGee has made a good impression on Williams, who excels in the classroom as well as on the field.

"Arkansas is a very nice school, plus it's just down the street from my home," Williams said. "They have the best facilities in the SEC, and I really like Arkansas."

• 1 month later...

From Husker Journal:

JULY 28, 2008. PREP STAR

TERRELL WILLIAMS, ATH, 6-2, 210, 4.6, TULSA (UNION), OKLAHOMA

“Stanford was first to offer me they are high on my list. Stanford academics are like the Ivy league” said Williams.”

“I have an opportunity to go in and play early at Stanford. I talk to Coach Clayton White he said I could play both ways. I play a lot of positions in high school wide receiver, safety and linebacker.” he said

“I’ve been to Arkansas’s summer camp. I met the coaches and players. Coach Petrino loves me he keeps calling me number six. Coach Petrino said if I keep working hard I will be in the NFL. They (Arkansas) are always asking me to commit but I tell them that I want to wait and take all my visits.” Williams said

“Arkansas has great facilities. Arkansas said I could play strong safety or wide receiver. I don’t know what position I want to play in college right now, it’s hard to say.” he said

“Arkansas is close to home it’s only a 1 ½ to 2 hour drive. Fayetteville is a little college town not big or small.” said Williams

“I have a chance to go to Nebraska and get the job done. Nebraska has great tradition, great program. They just need a little help. I would love to go there and make an impact. I have a chance to play early at Nebraska. That’s what my plan is play early at a school, look at the depth charts.” he said

“I call Barney Cotton about every two weeks he said I need to get a little bigger I’m already 6-4, 215." Williams said

"I’m following Nebraska this year to see what they do with their new coach. I’ll probably visit Nebraska this fall for an official visit. We haven’t gotten to that point yet. We just moved to a new house and schools start in two weeks.” he said

“I definitely want to get out of Oklahoma, do some new things. I don’t have any favorite conference to play in, but I do like the SEC they get you ready for the NFL. I want to take all five visits, two or three during the season one or two after the season.” said Williams

“I intimidate defenders with my size and speed. I can go on top of corners.”

From Husker Journal:

JULY 28, 2008. PREP STAR

TERRELL WILLIAMS, ATH, 6-2, 210, 4.6, TULSA (UNION), OKLAHOMA

“Stanford was first to offer me they are high on my list. Stanford academics are like the Ivy league” said Williams.”

“I have an opportunity to go in and play early at Stanford. I talk to Coach Clayton White he said I could play both ways. I play a lot of positions in high school wide receiver, safety and linebacker.” he said

“I’ve been to Arkansas’s summer camp. I met the coaches and players. Coach Petrino loves me he keeps calling me number six. Coach Petrino said if I keep working hard I will be in the NFL. They (Arkansas) are always asking me to commit but I tell them that I want to wait and take all my visits.” Williams said

“Arkansas has great facilities. Arkansas said I could play strong safety or wide receiver. I don’t know what position I want to play in college right now, it’s hard to say.” he said

“Arkansas is close to home it’s only a 1 ½ to 2 hour drive. Fayetteville is a little college town not big or small.” said Williams

“I have a chance to go to Nebraska and get the job done. Nebraska has great tradition, great program. They just need a little help. I would love to go there and make an impact. I have a chance to play early at Nebraska. That’s what my plan is play early at a school, look at the depth charts.” he said

“I call Barney Cotton about every two weeks he said I need to get a little bigger I’m already 6-4, 215." Williams said

"I’m following Nebraska this year to see what they do with their new coach. I’ll probably visit Nebraska this fall for an official visit. We haven’t gotten to that point yet. We just moved to a new house and schools start in two weeks.” he said

“I definitely want to get out of Oklahoma, do some new things. I don’t have any favorite conference to play in, but I do like the SEC they get you ready for the NFL. I want to take all five visits, two or three during the season one or two after the season.” said Williams

“I intimidate defenders with my size and speed. I can go on top of corners.”

Williams certainly doesnt lack confidence...good grief

• 2 months later...

Scout has a free article from SuperPrep about him. Talks extensively about his recruitment. He just got offered by Tenn. He reports that several teams are looking at him for different positions, and Nebraska is looking at him for WR. Recruiting visits will wait until the end of his football season as he tries to lead his team to the state championship.

When it does come decision time; two factors will be weighed in the heaviest.

"I want to go where I feel I can help the team out the most and where I can get on the field the quickest."

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...