Nebraska's Face of the Program: Tom Osborne

hack

Nebraska's Face of the Program: Tom Osborne.

post-340-1213783544.jpg

After an unremarkable NFL career, Osborne arrived at Nebraska as an unpaid assistant in 1964. He eventually helped revitalize the Cornhuskers' offensive attack as coordinator under Bob Devaney before a 25-season stint as head coach which featured a bowl trip after every regular season. Osborne posted a 255-49-3 career record, claiming a share of three national championships, 13 conference championships and eight conference Coach of the Year honors. The Cornhuskers finished with a 60-3 record in his last five seasons as head coach. A straight-laced doctor of education, Osborne has regularly taught at the school since his retirement as coach. After a foray into politics, he returned to Nebraska and now serves as the school's athletic director. -- Tim Griffin

That is like picking the Pope as the face of the Catholic Church... Not a shock, and rather odd to even ask. Next they are gonna ask who are faces of Penn State, Florida State and Kansas State... Dr. Tom came to my high school once, that is the closest I ever got to see him, and even I was excited to see him. He was the MAN.