Recruiting Dinner

DaveH

I was reading on another board about how two Husker "fans" last night at the Recruiting dinner made a mockery of themselves and were booed out of the room after having too much to drink. At one point, they had opened the floor up for questions....

First, an "old hag" stood up and asked how many of these recruits weren't academically qualified yet. Callahan said he couldn't comment on that, after all, that's what the rules say. She didn't take that for an answer and continued to demand an answer. She was booed back to her seat and left shortly after that. As someone put it, "I guess she had an appointment to get the oil changed in her broom."

Second, a guy stands up and asks "Are these recruits Nebraska's team for next year?” As one person put it, "Bill. Got. Pissed". Bill said he REFUSES to put down current players and "read the guy the riot act". The questions ended shortly this guys "inebriated ranting".

Anyway, I found this interesting and thought you guys would like to know. If anyone was there last night, maybe you could put your two cents in about the whole thing. Was it worth the dough? Would you go next year if they held one? Most importantly, what did they serve for dinner? :)

Last night at the recruiting dinner someone asked Blake along the lines of if he thought Bo had something to do with Reggie.

And Blake responded something like, I'm not worried about Bo, I could handle him like a piece of cake.

:lol:

:rollin:rollin Looks like he's handled quite a few "Bo's".

Wait it gets even better! Just got this quote from a friend.

Last night at the recruiting dinner someone asked Blake along the lines of if he thought Bo had something to do with Reggie.

And Blake responded something like, I'm not worried about Bo, I could handle him like a piece of cake.

:lol:

Maybe ole' John Blake had better worry about winning some football games, and not comment on Bo. After his teams performance last year, it sure looks like Blake has alot of work to do.

I was reading on another board about how two Husker "fans" last night at the Recruiting dinner made a mockery of themselves and were booed out of the room after having too much to drink. At one point, they had opened the floor up for questions....

First, an "old hag" stood up and asked how many of these recruits weren't academically qualified yet. Callahan said he couldn't comment on that, after all, that's what the rules say. She didn't take that for an answer and continued to demand an answer. She was booed back to her seat and left shortly after that. As someone put it, "I guess she had an appointment to get the oil changed in her broom."

Second, a guy stands up and asks "Are these recruits Nebraska's team for next year?” As one person put it, "Bill. Got. Pissed". Bill said he REFUSES to put down current players and "read the guy the riot act". The questions ended shortly this guys "inebriated ranting".

Anyway, I found this interesting and thought you guys would like to know. If anyone was there last night, maybe you could put your two cents in about the whole thing. Was it worth the dough? Would you go next year if they held one? Most importantly, what did they serve for dinner? :)

I have no problem with people sticking it to Bill or Pedersen. They deserve all the scrutiny and skepticism in the world with how they've performed. But does a recruiting dinner mean the new recruits were there? If so, I'm horrified and think that was so out of line I can't even describe it.

I was reading on another board about how two Husker "fans" last night at the Recruiting dinner made a mockery of themselves and were booed out of the room after having too much to drink.  At one point, they had opened the floor up for questions....

Second, a guy stands up and asks "Are these recruits Nebraska's team for next year?� As one person put it, "Bill. Got. Pissed". Bill said he REFUSES to put down current players and "read the guy the riot act". The questions ended shortly this guys "inebriated ranting".

I have no problem with people sticking it to Bill or Pedersen. They deserve all the scrutiny and skepticism in the world with how they've performed. But does a recruiting dinner mean the new recruits were there? If so, I'm horrified and think that was so out of line I can't even describe it.

I don't think the recruits were there. I don't have a problem with people asking questions, but for the sake of everyone be civil about it. Don't get all liquored up and then spout of questions meant to start some kind of argument.

It was obvious the women wanted an argument and couldn't take the fact that the coach couldn’t talk about it as an answer.

From what I have read, the other guy was simply trying to start an argument by insinuating that now Callahan and Co. have their first recruiting year under their belt they are going to release every other player. Tell me that he wasn't trying to start an argument. Trying to look at it from the coach’s perspective, I can see why that would piss him off.

I was reading on another board about how two Husker "fans" last night at the Recruiting dinner made a mockery of themselves and were booed out of the room after having too much to drink.  At one point, they had opened the floor up for questions....

Second, a guy stands up and asks "Are these recruits Nebraska's team for next year?� As one person put it, "Bill. Got. Pissed". Bill said he REFUSES to put down current players and "read the guy the riot act". The questions ended shortly this guys "inebriated ranting".

I don't think the recruits were there. I don't have a problem with people asking questions, but for the sake of everyone be civil about it. Don't get all liquored up and then spout of questions meant to start some kind of argument.

It was obvious the women wanted an argument and couldn't take the fact that the coach couldn’t talk about it as an answer.

From what I have read, the other guy was simply trying to start an argument by insinuating that now Callahan and Co. have their first recruiting year under their belt they are going to release every other player. Tell me that he wasn't trying to start an argument. Trying to look at it from the coach’s perspective, I can see why that would piss him off.

True, true...but you have to admit that Callahn hasn't exactly given a great vote of confidence to the players he inherited. I understand he wants to get his guys, but almost everything he has done, including they way he treated last year as a throw-away year at times, has shown that he doens't really care about them that much. I'm not saying he doesn't care, but actions speak louder, you know.

Anyway, I'm glad the recruits weren't there and I can definitely agree with you that these two people that had the outbursts were morons.