Kevin Young to....

Our coaches offered him a scholly, so he obviously wasn't that big of a risk. At the same time his measureables don't indicate that he is unequaled. NU can have a fine class with or without him.

The only potential story here is that he chose KU over NU. But can we really take much meaning from that? Young is just one recruit. Surely if a lot of recruits started following Young's lead it would be something of note. On the other hand, if they don't then Young's decision means very little in this respect.

Only time will tell if this is a big deal or not.

Guys, if he had committed to us, we'd probably be stoked. And as jayhawk noted, it IS a big deal, for Kansas.

Not me.

But heck, I'm not even really happy with a few of our commits we already have in the fold.

I'm not into giving scholarships to undersized guys with marginal talent.

6'4" 230 is not that undersized for an 18 year old...

He is a 3 star recruit as well. I grant you 6'6" 270 is better, but he has a big frame and I think he could be a good player. Not sure why you think that is really that small. Neil Smith was 6'4", he was OK....

OK? maybe you meant to put the sarcasum thingy in?? He has the wing span of a dam teradactile.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Guys, if he had committed to us, we'd probably be stoked. And as jayhawk noted, it IS a big deal, for Kansas.

Not me.

But heck, I'm not even really happy with a few of our commits we already have in the fold.

I'm not into giving scholarships to undersized guys with marginal talent.

6'4" 230 is not that undersized for an 18 year old...

He is a 3 star recruit as well. I grant you 6'6" 270 is better, but he has a big frame and I think he could be a good player. Not sure why you think that is really that small. Neil Smith was 6'4", he was OK....

6'4 230lbs would not be undersized. But you find me a recruit in Nebraska who is actually that size and we may be interested.

If you guessed Sellers was more 6'1 210, you'd be alot closer. Sellers is not close to either height/weight you have. You gotta remember, he camped at Nebraska. They measure this stuff.

He was also measured at the US AA combine and was nowhere close to 6'4 230. You can watch his videos from the one-on-one drills and see how much smaller he is than the offensive lineman.

At 6'4 230lbs, he would be the size of Mo Purify already. Actually, he would be a bit bigger than this guy ..

moPurifyMohawk.jpg

Compare that to the guy from this video by clicking the video from the AA Combine (around 2 minutes, then final clip) ..

http://www.chicagosports.rivals.com/viewpr...967&sport=1

Maybe with the fro he would touch 6'4, but that would be the only way.

You also have to remember this is a old .. err .. new era in Nebraska football where they will evaluate every Nebraska talent to the fullest, even offering marginal talents like Zimmerer, Pensick and Kreikemeier. In a year where Nebraska talent is minimal at best, this guy would have an offer if he were anywhere near the size and speed he has listed. You think Pelini and TO would let a guy leave the state with the presumed size and talent most 'Hawk fans assume Sellers have. I mean, c'mon, they have more tape and info on him than anyone since he is an in-state kid. Moreso an instate kid from rural Nebraska.

So I will ask you why YOU think he is bigger, when his listed height/weight from camps and his noticeable disadvantage in size from videos show he is undersized.

But that would just be dismissing facts. Damm facts!