OU Players arrested for cocaine

This is HUGE news up here in OKC.

OU players arrested on cocaine charges

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The father of an Oklahoma quarterback says he plans legal action against a Nebraska football fan who posted a bogus story on an Internet message board claiming two Sooners had been arrested on cocaine distribution charges.

James W. Conradt, a Nebraska football fan living in Austin, Texas, said he did not mean to hurt Oklahoma quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Landry Jones with his Internet hoax, according to a story posted on The Oklahomans' Web site late Wednesday.

No...a joke would be someone saying OU players wear pink polka dotted thongs during a game....that's a joke. Accusing someone of cocaine distribution using a template to mimic a newspaper (Daily Oklahoman) and posting it on the internet isn't.

They posted on a message board. Not exactly a reliable place to look for FACTS and NEWS. But I'm not saying whether this is right or wrong. But filing a lawsuit is going overboard.

You're right...he did post it on a message board. However, the guy used a template to create a newspaper article in an apparent attempt to make it seem as if it were true. Joke or not, it was in extremely bad taste IMO.

But will you agree that a lawsuit would be rediculous??

Our apologies from the rest of us real Husker fans. There are always a few who make the rest of us look bad. Obviously not a true fan.

Please don't go holier than thou.

A fan is a fan. We are not all robots.

You're right...he did post it on a message board. However, the guy used a template to create a newspaper article in an apparent attempt to make it seem as if it were true. Joke or not, it was in extremely bad taste IMO.

But will you agree that a lawsuit would be rediculous??

Can't answer that (and I never advocated the idea of a lawsuit to begin with) because I don't know everthing that was said in the original posting. If the guy put a statement in there saying something to the effect it was a joke, I'd probably agree a lawsuit is ridiculous. But if the guy did in fact attempt to pass it off as fact and only admitted it was a joke after being caught, then I'd probably sue him and make him give up his Husker Fan membership card and force him to become a lifelong Baylor fan.