OU Players arrested for cocaine

Its not rediculous or unwarrented

Its called slander and lible (AKA Defamation) and ITS AGAINST THE LAW. Doing so against a person opens you up for a lawsuit. If he is sued by the father, and possible the paper for using their templet, then he should have paid better attention to what he posts. ANYTHING you say in media form (newspaper, radio, website, message board and even blogs) can come back to haunt you. If you write something it had better be true or close to it. You can't go around just saying what ever you want about people. You have a right to free speach, but that right is not protected in this case

No, it's not a joke and the guy who did this is not a Husker fan, he's an idiot.

If this had happened to a Husker player all of us would be upset. OU has a right to be upset as well as the player's family.

Nobody was hurt by this. This will blow over in a week. Should not be an issue.

Its not rediculous or unwarrented

Its called slander and lible (AKA Defamation) and ITS AGAINST THE LAW. Doing so against a person opens you up for a lawsuit. If he is sued by the father, and possible the paper for using their templet, then he should have paid better attention to what he posts. ANYTHING you say in media form (newspaper, radio, website, message board and even blogs) can come back to haunt you. If you write something it had better be true or close to it. You can't go around just saying what ever you want about people. You have a right to free speach, but that right is not protected in this case

The truth is, you can be sued for ANYTHING these days......literally.

" The truth is, you can be sued for ANYTHING these days......literally."

That is very true. Like the family that sued dateline and NBC because their molester son/husband commited suicide after the tv crew and cops approached his house to arrest him.

i'm with you about a law suit crazy America. But this suprisingly has merit. It more than anything is a perfect example of someone who just has too much time on their hands

<_<

That is very true. Like the family that sued dateline and NBC because their molester son/husband commited suicide after the tv crew and cops approached his house to arrest him.

<_<

Has merit??? Maybe. But c'mon. This is the sports world. Rival fans do crazier things to each other and that's how it is. Things like this happen all the time in good fun. It's not like he's ripping an OU fan's testicles out of his pants. This wouldn't be an issue if the father wasn't such a d*ck. God forbid this guy's son play for Michigan and have to deal with OSU fans.

"I'm going to prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law," Jones said. "I've got deep enough pockets to do it."

<_<

i'm with you about a law suit crazy America. But this suprisingly has merit. It more than anything is a perfect example of someone who just has too much time on their hands

Don't we all?? That's why we post on message boards. :lol:

Maybe this should be posted with the worst fans in college football, see where this ranks.

This is a kick to the crotch of real husker fans!

What would you do if you were his parent/relative/friend and this was reported? Probably pi$$ you off wouldnt it?

Dont cut him any slack he should be sued, and made to pay for his poor judgement, it may be the only way to make him have any respect for others.

If not I have a better idea, take him to Norman and have him put on the pads and helmet and settle it during practice.

Worst of all I am sure he is a WE WON when the team wins, and YOU LOST when the team isnt the winner, type of fan. As a former player I HATED those fans with a passion...................

<_<

Has merit??? Maybe. But c'mon. This is the sports world. Rival fans do crazier things to each other and that's how it is. Things like this happen all the time in good fun. It's not like he's ripping an OU fan's testicles out of his pants. This wouldn't be an issue if the father wasn't such a d*ck. God forbid this guy's son play for Michigan and have to deal with OSU fans.

"I'm going to prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law," Jones said. "I've got deep enough pockets to do it."

<_<

Hey I'm not saying I would sue him. But it is a lesson that you need to be careful about what you say. To call someone a booger eater online is one thing. To post a fake news story using a format from a real newspaper is another. And fan on fan behavier is a totaly different story. I thought it was cleaver, but I also got my degree in broadcasting and had enough communication law courses to scary my rear end straight

No...a joke would be someone saying OU players wear pink polka dotted thongs during a game....that's a joke. Accusing someone of cocaine distribution using a template to mimic a newspaper (Daily Oklahoman) and posting it on the internet isn't.

They posted on a message board. Not exactly a reliable place to look for FACTS and NEWS. But I'm not saying whether this is right or wrong. But filing a lawsuit is going overboard.

Agreed, the lawsuit won't hold any water, pretty sure that even BS internet post are covered by the 1st amendment and we do not really do the whole defamation thing in this country.

There apparently were a few Texas media outlets who ran with this "story" once it was posted and essentially presented it as fact without any sort of fact-finding done at all.

thats the lazy part. All they had to do was make a few phone calls to check facts and they would have seen it was bogus

1620 nearly did, but the guy stopped halfway and said, "No, that can't be true." And then had some people go fact-check.

This is a douchebag move (by the Husker fan), who I'll bet didn't realize the serious implications of doing what he did. But Landry Jones' father doesn't need to stoop down and match his douchebaggery by prosecuting him "to the full extent of the law." Puh-lease.