Need help burning a DVD onto a Computer

Ok when I proposed to my fiance my buddies wife recorded it on their Sond Handycam and they formated it onto on DVD-RW that was in their video camera. I popped this dvd into my fiance's laptop and it takes me to this Cyberlink PowerDVD thing and I can watch the video there but I can't save it onto my fiance's laptop. What am I suppose to do? I've copied it and moved it into a file and I saved it onto her desktop and everytime I go to view it without the DVD in the drive it says theres no disk in Drive E:????

I want to post this picture onto Windows Movie Maker and then do my slideshow thing with some music. I just called my buddies wife to see what we have to do and she's not home. I'm wondering if we have to place ths disk back into the camera and plug the camera into the laptop to Git R' Done :lol:

Anybody knows what I'm talking about or have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the XVid video codec.

2. Download DVD Decrypter at link

3. Download Auto Gordian Knot at link.

now..

Step 1. Put the DVD in and launch DVD Decrypter. Under the Mode list at the top, choose IFO.

Step 2. Make sure to select a destination for your ripped files (My Documents/My Videos as an example). Now in the right box there should be several lines with letters followed by numbers (representing time of the "clips"). Select the one that is the longest or the longest few if there are more than one, and then hit the green arrow and wait.

Step 3. After it's done you'll have files that look like this:

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_PGC_07 - Stream Information.txt

VTS_01_PGC_07_1.VOB

Now you launch the second program, AutoGK, and select the file that goes .VOB at the end from where you ripped to.

Step 4. You can change the audio, subtitles, preferred size of your preference, but make sure you click on advanced settings and MP3 VBR 128kbs.

Step 5. Click "add job" and then "start". You'll get a log file with a bunch of nonsene and when you're done, just click on the .avi file to watch.

where's the link on this one? I don't know if I should download all of this stuff on my fiance's laptop. I just might go out to bestbuy and have them do it if they can :lol:

is there something easier than what you had Landlord??? Thanks for the help though

2. Download DVD Decrypter at link

3. Download Auto Gordian Knot at link.

now..

Step 1. Put the DVD in and launch DVD Decrypter. Under the Mode list at the top, choose IFO.

Step 2. Make sure to select a destination for your ripped files (My Documents/My Videos as an example). Now in the right box there should be several lines with letters followed by numbers (representing time of the "clips"). Select the one that is the longest or the longest few if there are more than one, and then hit the green arrow and wait.

Step 3. After it's done you'll have files that look like this:

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_PGC_07 - Stream Information.txt

VTS_01_PGC_07_1.VOB

Now you launch the second program, AutoGK, and select the file that goes .VOB at the end from where you ripped to.

Step 4. You can change the audio, subtitles, preferred size of your preference, but make sure you click on advanced settings and MP3 VBR 128kbs.

Step 5. Click "add job" and then "start". You'll get a log file with a bunch of nonsene and when you're done, just click on the .avi file to watch.

Another option is to use DVD Decryptor to just rip the DVD image and a daemon client to mount the image to a virtual drive. This eliminates the need to convert the image.