Defense after coz

IMO, We have better talent now then In 2003 when Pelini was here. I have heard alot of people say if Pelini can get our defence in the top 50-60 we should be able to hit 8-4 pretty easily. From what I saw in the spring game, It appeared as If Our defence was faster, stronger , and had the passion to Play like true blackshirt's. Also it looked as if Our defence was Better in the spring game then It was Most /all of last season. I will step out on a limb and say our defence will surprised alot of people. idk how good they will be but knowing how Pelini has been with defence's every place he has went our defenece may be better then it was in 2003. If I had to predict i would say our defence will be in the top 20 in the nation.

Don't kid yourself, the 2003 defense definitely had some players and some talent. How many of them are now in the NFL? I believe one set a combine record in the 40 or something like that. We had a couple of twin brothers on that team. I hope you're right that we have better talent than in 2003, but let's get real for a second and at least admit that to date nobody on our defense really scares anyone.

if the offense is better than last year at running the ball, and is able to sustain drives, the defense will not have to be out on the field as long as they were last year.

if the defense makes half of the plays that they missed last year, NU wins 3 of the 6 that they lost.

one thing for sure is that there is going to be halftime adjustments on both sides of the ball.

but to be honest with everyone, i will be happy seeing 4 qtrs of football, being played with passion, unlike last year where you could see that after the 3rd qtr (sometimes at the beginning) half of the team rolled over and seemed to quit

Amen. The 2002 defense looked almost as inadequate as the 07 defense because both were on the field 3 out of the 4 quarters because the offense couldn't muster up anything. I find it odd that so many people are still enamored by our offense last year despite the fact that the opposing defense was in prevent because they were up by so many points. We scored plenty of points in the KU game, but when did those points occur? If the offense doesn't sustain any drives and eat clock this year, our defense no matter who's coaching will look similar to last year's.