Players being pushed out the door, or something.

Why would NU want this kid, I mean, he is fast, athletic, moblie.....the exact type of guy that cally is pushing out the door.

Really? We have fast, athletic, mobile QB's here? Where? And who's being pushed out the door?

I think Beck has about the same size and 40 speed. But since he plays in a WCO-type offense and didn't rush for 1200 yards, does that mean he's not mobile?

Why would NU want this kid, I mean, he is fast, athletic, moblie.....the exact type of guy that cally is pushing out the door.

Really? We have fast, athletic, mobile QB's here? Where? And who's being pushed out the door?

I think Beck has about the same size and 40 speed. But since he plays in a WCO-type offense and didn't rush for 1200 yards, does that mean he's not mobile?

Do you mean Becks 4.7 on Rivals, or his 4.8 that a couple of other recruiting gurus have listed?

And if you dont know whos being pushed out the door, denial is not a river in Egypt.

Do you mean Becks 4.7 on Rivals, or his 4.8 that a couple of other recruiting gurus have listed?

And if you dont know whos being pushed out the door, denial is not a river in Egypt.

I just want you to tell me who's being pushed out the door, that's all. No facts again, huh? I should have known.

What's Tom Brady's 40 time? How about Matt Leinert?

Do you mean Becks 4.7 on  Rivals, or his 4.8 that a couple of other recruiting gurus have listed?

I just want you to tell me who's being pushed out the door, that's all. No facts again, huh? I should have known.

Gee, uh, I dunno, maybe JD is being pushed out the door, as was Stuntz. Stuntz was regarded as the best passer of the whords of qbs that are on the roster, while JD is the returning starter, yet I heard cally say that Taylor will share 1st team duties w/ JD, even though he has never taken a snap at NU,\ and hasnt played major college fb in a couple of years.

If that doesnt tell you that JD is being pushed aside, then you need a reality check. :wacko:

See: 17 TDs, 19 INTs. And then shut up and buy some Ohio merchandise. While you're at it, stop by Rivals and watch some film of Harrison Beck. You'll see he's plenty mobile for our tastes. J.D. will get his fair look as the starter for next year, don't believe all the internet talk you hear about how Zac Taylor will step in right away and take the spot. However, Joe Joe's gonna have to have an amazing turnaround to do so. And if you no longer support the Nebraska Cornhuskers (not the Nebraska Callahan's or Bill's Cornhuskers, the NEBRASKA Cornhuskers) then please, get off the boards.

Do you mean Becks 4.7 on  Rivals, or his 4.8 that a couple of other recruiting gurus have listed?

Gee, uh, I dunno, maybe JD is being pushed out the door, as was Stuntz. Stuntz was regarded as the best passer of the whords of qbs that are on the roster, while JD is the returning starter, yet I heard cally say that Taylor will share 1st team duties w/ JD, even though he has never taken a snap at NU,\ and hasnt played major college fb in a couple of years.

If that doesnt tell you that JD is being pushed aside, then you need a reality check. :wacko:

Can't it be that maybe Taylor is just better than JD? That he has just as much experience and more success than JD with this kind of offense? Or does it have to be some kind of conspiracy against the players that are already here. The former is true IMO. No pun intended. ;)

I think in some cases, the players that will be brought in now and in the future at key positions are simply better. Period.

Now does that mean that the players, who as of right now are still the starters, won't even be looked at this year? No. Callahan has said that time and time again. If you don't want to believe him, that's fine. Whatever. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Joe starts the first game this year.

Joe is a great kid and I hope he does retain the starting position and does well. However, I spent all of last season hoping that he would mature more.

:rollin Obviously football intelligence is not a prerequisit for posting here!

:rollin Obviously football intelligence is not a prerequisit for posting here!

Wow, you hit that nail on the head.

I'm sure Birkel was pushed out the door too, huh? Really, the only ones I've seen 'pushed' out the door were Horn and Incognito, and praise be to Callahan for doing it.

It is just a fact when players find out that they are not any good or are headcases, they get mad. Good Job Bill.

Joe Dailey is a great guy from what I hear, but if he does not improve alot over the break, he does not deserve to start. I think the beginning of every year should start with players having to win their positions. Competition brings out the best in athletes and we will have a heck of a competiotion at every position on the field this year, including QB.

This only makes us a better team. Let's see who steps up and wants to play NEBRASKA BRAND FOOTBALL.

» MAIN » Schedule & Game Information

» 2004 Roster » Depth Chart

» NU in Transition

Published Saturday

February 5, 2005

Offensive possibilities have Huskers excited

BY RICH KAIPUST

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

RELATED STORY

2005 NU football commitments

RELATED LINK

W-H Online Edition: Letter-of-Intent Signings

LINCOLN - There should be no complaints from Nebraska Assistant Coaches Randy Jordan, Jay Norvell and Ted Gilmore about what they have to choose from next season.

Signing day stocked their cupboards even fuller.

"I know there's going to be a lot of competition, and that's what I love," said Jordan, NU's running backs coach. "What happens is when one guy makes a play, another guy says, 'I need to make a play.' It becomes infectious throughout the whole team."

This is exactly what I mean.

We dont need a qb that can run anymore...i would be content with never seeing the option run again based on the means that it doesnt work anymore with the athletic defenses, so why would you argue for a recruit that can run. We NEED a passing qb, plain and simple. Daily should have to compete for his starting job. If he wins it, then hes the starter, but if he loses out to a more inexperienced qb that says alot about Daily and he deserves not to start. Let the best man play, but let each player have their shot during practice to earn a starting spot.