Players being pushed out the door, or something.

So you wouldnt feel insulted if your boss hired a new guy and gave him your job without him proving himself??

Let's say I was a stupid worker who always screwed up, was always grumpy, constantly quoted opinions instead of facts, argued constantly even when I was wrong and just had an outlook on life that made people think I was on the verge of going postal. Basically a bad employee that wasn't getting the job done. I would hope my boss tried to get someone more productive that could do a better job.

Sean callahan made the comment on Harrah's show Sunday night regarding Taylor & Dailey getting about 40% of the snaps each.  I don't Seans relationship to the team or if he's just blowing smoke.

Im positive that I did not see it on Harrahs, Im pretty sure it was WOWT w/ Ross Jernstrum, so that would be 2 different confirmed, relatively reliable sources.

I have no problem with Taylor winning the spot if he is the best on the team and by proving it on the field.

***SNIP***

"Proving it on the field"? That's one of the functions of spring practice. You give players reps to teach and to evaluate them for the fall. So, by your definition, giving him reps - especially since he's a JUCO that is expected to be more advanced in this offense than any one else in spring ball except possibly Dailey - is precisely what you want to see happen. Proving it on the field...

I have no problem with Taylor winning the spot if he is the best on the team and by proving it on the field.

***SNIP***

"Proving it on the field"? That's one of the functions of spring practice. You give players reps to teach and to evaluate them for the fall. So, by your definition, giving him reps - especially since he's a JUCO that is expected to be more advanced in this offense than any one else in spring ball except possibly Dailey - is precisely what you want to see happen. Proving it on the field...

Usually when the new guy comes in, he starts at the end of the line, not the front, and earns his reps and his PT.

Not when he's brought in specifically because he is versed in the position and scheme. Does "earning his reps" mean senority? If so, then a team that follows that logic runs the risk of not putting the best players on the field - only the most "senior" players.

If it doesn't mean "senority" in your opinion, then by what criteria does he earn his reps? Off-season strength and conditioning?

Not when he's brought in specifically because he is versed in the position and scheme. Does "earning his reps" mean senority? If so, then a team that follows that logic runs the risk of not putting the best players on the field - only the most "senior" players.

If it doesn't mean "senority" in your opinion, then by what criteria does he earn his reps? Off-season strength and conditioning?

I dont know how to dumb this down any further.

HE SHOULD HAVE TO START FROM THE BOTTOM AND WORK HIS WAY UP. HE SHOULD HAVE TO SHOW WHAT HE CAN DO ON THE FIELD (that means in practice)AND PROVE THAT HE IS BETTER THAN DAVIS, ADAMS, GANTZ (sp?), GOODMAN, STUNTZ (if hes still a qb), AND DAILEY. Its called the #1 guy is the #1 guy until somebody proves he's a better player. And that has not happened, Taylor hasnt touched the field.

If the coaches cant get reps for all of the qbs, well, then they probably should have thought about that before they put 8 on schollys. But I guess that you need that many when you run the "vaunted Worst Coast Offense" and your coaches include callahan and norvell.

As far as my definition of seniority, I would say that it means playing your players with the least amount of eligibility left, or the most experience. Where as a more "real world" definition simply means higher rank than that of others by reason of longer service.

No, seniority shouldnt be the reason for anyone to have their position, but they should have to earn their spot on the field.

I dont know how to dumb this down any further.

Sure you do - if there is anybody who can make his own comments dumber, you’re the one. I bet you can do it. Here, take a look…

HE SHOULD HAVE TO START FROM THE BOTTOM AND WORK HIS WAY UP. HE SHOULD HAVE TO SHOW WHAT HE CAN DO ON THE FIELD (that means in practice)AND PROVE THAT HE IS BETTER THAN DAVIS, ADAMS, GANTZ (sp?), GOODMAN, STUNTZ (if hes still a qb), AND DAILEY. Its called the #1 guy is the #1 guy until somebody proves he's a better player. And that has not happened, Taylor hasnt touched the field.

“On the field” includes spring practice. Now, if it isn’t spring practice, where? Wait until fall, then do it in fall practice? If so, why wait until fall? If not fall practice, then wait until a game and throw him out there without any practice reps?

Logic’s not your strong suit, is it?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! See, you can make dumber statements!

If the coaches cant get reps for all of the qbs, well, then they probably should have thought about that before they put 8 on schollys. But I guess that you need that many when you run the "vaunted Worst Coast Offense" and your coaches include callahan and norvell.

So, instead of giving 40% of the reps to a JUCO who is father along in the system, you’d prefer to give far fewer reps to all the players?

See, I told you – you can make dumber statements.

As far as my definition of seniority, I would say that it means playing your players with the least amount of eligibility left, or the most experience. Where as a more "real world" definition simply means higher rank than that of others by reason of longer service.

No, seniority shouldnt be the reason for anyone to have their position, but they should have to earn their spot on the field.

But “on the field” doesn’t mean the practice field – at least in spring practice? Wonderful logic. Again, thanks for proving that you can make dumber statements.

“On the field” includes spring practice. Now, if it isn’t spring practice, where? Wait until fall, then do it in fall practice? If so, why wait until fall? If not fall practice, then wait until a game and throw him out there without any practice reps?

2. Logic’s not your strong suit, is it?

3. BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! See, you can make dumber statements!

4. If the coaches cant get reps for all of the qbs, well, then they probably should have thought about that before they put 8 on schollys. But I guess that you need that many when you run the "vaunted Worst Coast Offense" and your coaches include callahan and norvell.

So, instead of giving 40% of the reps to a JUCO who is father along in the system, you’d prefer to give far fewer reps to all the players?

5. See, I told you – you can make dumber statements.

6. As far as my definition of seniority, I would say that it means playing your players with the least amount of eligibility left, or the most experience. Where as a more "real world" definition simply means higher rank than that of others by reason of longer service.

But “on the field” doesn’t mean the practice field – at least in spring practice? Wonderful logic. Again, thanks for proving that you can make dumber statements.

7. I dont know how to dumb this down any further.

Sure you do - if there is anybody who can make his own comments dumber, you’re the one. I bet you can do it. Here, take a look…

Wow, here it goes again. Ive had an easier time tudoring jr. high kids to understand advanced algebra then I have had getting you to understand something as complex as starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. I wish I could see you face to face, that way I could use charts, graphs, PowerPoint presentations, and when all else fails, I could pull out the Legos and build it for you.

Lets give it one more shot.

1. Where did I ever say that he should not get a chance to prove it in the spring? On the contrary, I said he should HAVE to prove his ability at that time, but he shouldnt be handed the co-#1 spot on a silver platter over 6 other guys who have actually run callys system for a year.

1 point-formerfan

2. If there were any logic to your statement, I may be able to decipher it. Obviously, simple reading comprehension is not your strongsuit.

2 points-formerfan

3. Hey kettle, is that you?

3 points-formerfan

4. Gee, where did I say that? And who's saying that Taylor is farther along in the system, you? Hell, you cant even grasp the ideas of "proving it on the field", or "working your way up from the bottom." HE HAS NEVER TAKEN A SNAP IN cally's SYSTEM, how is he further along than guys that are already there???

4 points-formerfan

5. No, the problem is that an elementary statement such as that is much to complex for you to comprehend, again. Kettle, anyone?

5 points-formerfan

6. Again, reading comp. Did you ever make it past the third grade? I cannot possibly simplify "on the field" enough to get you to understand without visual aids and life-like models, so I'll quit at this point.

6 points-formerfan

7. Seems like you did a pretty good job of looking stupid, yourself. Again, people thought that Einstein was mentally retarted, his brilliance was just way too advanced for people to understand, just like Im obviously too advanced for you to understand.

TOUCHDOWN-formerfan

My kid is in algebra 1 in Jr. High and his teacher is a complete knucklehead....hmmmmm, go figure. Here's the bottom line: the coaches realize that a HUGE reason for some of our losses last season was due to poor play at the quarterback position. Therefore, it is CRITICAL to make sure that problem is corrected immediately! Based on what they know of all the quarterbacks, they obviously feel that Taylor has the best opportunity to COMPETE for the job. BC said from day 1 that the success of the offense is dependent on quarterback play. Who knows, JD may rise to the occassion, but until you have a side by side comparison, you don't know. The coaches have to have a starting point. We would have seen the same thing between JD and Jordan had it not been for Jordan going down.

So Former Fan, you are saying that Taylor leading his team to a JUCO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP does not count as earning a few reps. I think it will take about a day for Taylor to leap from eighth on the depth chart to the top 2. The coaches did not bring in Taylor to sit on the bench. They brought him in to challenge for the starting position. A guy with Taylor's accomplishments does not commit to a college a year after winning the JUCO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP to sit on the bench behind a mediocre QB like Dailey.

Only Davis and Adams were recruited for the west coast offense, so the other three do not count.

:wtf:wtf:wtf

Wow, here it goes again. Ive had an easier time tudoring jr. high kids to understand advanced algebra then I have had getting you to understand something as complex as starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. I wish I could see you face to face, that way I could use charts, graphs, PowerPoint presentations, and when all else fails, I could pull out the Legos and build it for you.

“Tudoring”? Try “tutoring”.

BAWAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Trying to prove your “mental superiority” by demonstrating a complete lack of English comprehension? Too funny!

Lets give it one more shot.

1. Where did I ever say that he should not get a chance to prove it in the spring? On the contrary, I said he should HAVE to prove his ability at that time, but he shouldnt be handed the co-#1 spot on a silver platter over 6 other guys who have actually run callys system for a year.

1 point-formerfan

Actually, what you said was:

“It was reported that Taylor was penciled in to get 40% of the snaps w/ the first team during Spring practice (per jay norvell), the same as JD. Thats an insult to Joe.

2. Why shouldnt a new recruit get 40% of the snaps, are you really that ignorant? What about proving yourself by actually beating the out the incumbant on the playing field, not being given the job because it is the dreams of the coaches?”

You complained about him getting “40% of the snaps” in spring practice – the “playing field”. He can’t get reps on the practice field, but he has to prove himself on the practice field before he gets reps, according to you.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

2. If there were any logic to your statement, I may be able to decipher it. Obviously, simple reading comprehension is not your strongsuit.

2 points-formerfan

…said the person who “tudors” students.

BAWHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

3. Hey kettle, is that you?

3 points-formerfan

Wow, a IKYABWAI lame. How original. How creative. But, on the other hand, no one expected anything better…

BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

4. Gee, where did I say that? And who's saying that Taylor is farther along in the system, you? Hell, you cant even grasp the ideas of "proving it on the field", or "working your way up from the bottom." HE HAS NEVER TAKEN A SNAP IN cally's SYSTEM, how is he further along than guys that are already there???

4 points-formerfan

My, my, my. English your second language? I asked a question – I didn’t write that you made a statement. I asked you if, as an alternative to giving 40% of the snaps to Taylor, you would prefer giving far fewer reps to all the quarterbacks.

Here’s your free hint. The symbol “?” denotes a question, not a declarative statement. Obviously, you don’t “tudor” any students on either English or logic.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

5. No, the problem is that an elementary statement such as that is much to complex for you to comprehend, again. Kettle, anyone?

5 points-formerfan

….wrote the guy who “tudors” students; doesn’t know the difference between a question and a declarative statement, and who thinks a player shouldn’t get reps on the field until he proves himself on the field he can’t get on to get reps.

BAWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

6. Again, reading comp. Did you ever make it past the third grade? I cannot possibly simplify "on the field" enough to get you to understand without visual aids and life-like models, so I'll quit at this point.

6 points-formerfan

….wrote the guy who thinks a player shouldn’t get reps on the field until he proves himself on the field he can’t get on to get reps.

BAWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

7. Seems like you did a pretty good job of looking stupid, yourself. Again, people thought that Einstein was mentally retarted, his brilliance was just way too advanced for people to understand, just like Im obviously too advanced for you to understand.

TOUCHDOWN-formerfan

….wrote the guy who “tudors” students; doesn’t know the difference between a question and a declarative statement, and who thinks a player shouldn’t get reps on the field until he proves himself on the field he can’t get on to get reps.

BAWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I hate to break it to you formerfan, but I think you're wrong on this one. Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm no fan of Callahan and I put the blame for most of the losses on him not Dailey. But this 'quarterback controversy' is a non-starter. You bring JC players in to address what you feel are your immediate needs. Yes, it's hard for players already on the team to accept it, but it happens everywhere. If Taylor were getting more reps than JD, or if Beck was going to get 40%, then I'd say it was a slap in the face and inappropriate. But it's Callahan's team and bringing in another guy to challenge for the job is not unheard of.

Now, weather this helps the team at all remains to be seen (personally I think it won't).

As to which Internet site I got the info from, sorry, I saw it Sunday night after the local news, either on the callahan stroke-off show hosted by Jim "All I wanna do is save my precious job as voice of the Huskers" Rose, or on the weekly show on WOWT.

It was reported that Taylor was penciled in to get 40% of the snaps w/ the first team during Spring practice (per jay norvell), the same as JD. Thats an insult to Joe.

Who's not being pushed aside again?

1. Hmmm......you can't ever seem to remember where you hear things from, you just 'magically' hear them. All your Husker dreams when you go to bed? But you listen to the BC show and sports nightly, so are you really formerman or closetfan?

2. Why shouldn't a new QB recruit get 40% of the snaps? Our QB play was not very good last year, so let 2 or 3 guys get equal snaps to see who's the best. Should Dailey take all the snaps if he's not the best guy for the job? Hell no! It's not an insult to Joe, this is competition, and you can't compete if you don't have a chance. I would rather JD got about 20% and let Adams and Taylor get the other 40% each, because I've seen what JD can do.

1. Because there are 3 show on at the same time, and I was switching between the 3. I usually listen to Travis Justice because he has the only show of the three thats balanced. He doesnt fall to his knees and give pud and cally a h****r, he tells it like it is. I think it was the WOWT show that it was reported on, but I dont remember for sure.

2. Why shouldnt a new recruit get 40% of the snaps, are you really that ignorant? What about proving yourself by actually beating the out the incumbant on the playing field, not being given the job because it is the dreams of the coaches?

It's more of Joe Dailey losing his spot than Zac Taylor being given it. If Taylor doesn't perform well, then he won't win the spot. I'm pretty sure it's all just talk right now, I think J.D., Zac, Jordan and Ganz will all be given equal opportunity to come out on top in spring practice. It's not like Joe performed admirably last year...when you aren't the guy for the system, you aren't the guy for the system. I respect everything about Joe, he's a great, determined kid, and it's his job to win now that he actually has some seasoned competition.