Now that it's August...

There is obviously nobody on this board who is going to agree with me 100%. I like the good mix of feedback keep it comin'.

I'm not going to agree with most of your predictions. KU, TTech and MU will smoke Nebraska. The more I research it, the more I'm convinced that Nebraska will be in some serious trouble in these games. KU is bigger, stronger, faster, more disciplined and more experienced than Nebraska. They won't, and haven't been intimidated by the lincoln crowd the last several trips. You won't beat Reesing and my Hawks. We hung 76 on you last year and our team is even better. Who is gonna tackle us? Bo?

No way you guys lose to V-Tech and beat KU and TTech. That's just stupid. Tech and KU would beat V-Tech this year hands down. You need to go back and do some research.

Oh, and is Bo planning to strap on shoulder pads and a helmet? I don't care who you are, or what you've done in the past, if you don't have YOUR players in YOUR system them it's going to be difficult to have success. Just look at records past of first year coaches. It's not pretty, especially in the big 12. Be happy if your squad goes 7-5. But no wins vs the top tier of the big 12, at least not this year for the huskers.

Dude, do you think you could, um, like, tone down the whole BEING A DICK thing? Just a little bit? I know you're a Jayhawk with team pride and all that stuff. Disagreeing is understandable. Just stop talking down to people.

Thnx.

You can't call people names, that's breaking the board rules! Mods???

There is obviously nobody on this board who is going to agree with me 100%. I like the good mix of feedback keep it comin'.

I'm not going to agree with most of your predictions. KU, TTech and MU will smoke Nebraska. The more I research it, the more I'm convinced that Nebraska will be in some serious trouble in these games. KU is bigger, stronger, faster, more disciplined and more experienced than Nebraska. They won't, and haven't been intimidated by the lincoln crowd the last several trips. You won't beat Reesing and my Hawks. We hung 76 on you last year and our team is even better. Who is gonna tackle us? Bo?

No way you guys lose to V-Tech and beat KU and TTech. That's just stupid. Tech and KU would beat V-Tech this year hands down. You need to go back and do some research.

Oh, and is Bo planning to strap on shoulder pads and a helmet? I don't care who you are, or what you've done in the past, if you don't have YOUR players in YOUR system them it's going to be difficult to have success. Just look at records past of first year coaches. It's not pretty, especially in the big 12. Be happy if your squad goes 7-5. But no wins vs the top tier of the big 12, at least not this year for the huskers.

Dude, do you think you could, um, like, tone down the whole BEING A DICK thing? Just a little bit? I know you're a Jayhawk with team pride and all that stuff. Disagreeing is understandable. Just stop talking down to people.

Thnx.

Why don't you respond to the guys that just completely blasted your "bigger, stronger, faster" theory?

KU is bigger, stronger, faster, more disciplined and more experienced than Nebraska. They won't, and haven't been intimidated by the lincoln crowd the last several trips. You won't beat Reesing and my Hawks. We hung 76 on you last year and our team is even better. Who is gonna tackle us? Bo?

Bigger, Stronger, faster? BETTER THAN LAST YEAR???????? You want some research? Kansas lost its starting running back, their best offensive lineman, their best defender and pulled in a stellar #58 recruiting class. Not to mention they have Oklahoma, Texas, TTech and So. Florida. Since I'm in a prediction kind of mood, Kansas won't win a game after Oct. 11 and will finish the year 5-7.

KU will be better than last year. There is no question about that. We lost 2 guys-Talib and Collins-keep in mind that Collins played hurt the last 5 games of the year. Talib is the only guy we lost from a very strong secondary. You can point to McClinton as another loss-but he wasn't even a factor during our last 6 games because of an undisclosed injury-he only played part time. Then we alos lost McAnderson our "system running back" Sharp is a better back, and we added the #1 Juco RB in Jacques Crawford. We return 9 starters on defense, with 4 more back whole saw significant time. We return 7 on offense and the guys we lost were role players-besides of course Collins, but Mangino likes his replacement Jeff Spikes and from what I've seen in the off season was nothing short of dominance from him. He'll be fine.

Need I go on? Oh, and you may want to forget about Rivals and Scouts and their little star ratings. That really has paid off well for Nebraska huh!?! :clap

KU is bigger, stronger, faster, more disciplined and more experienced than Nebraska. They won't, and haven't been intimidated by the lincoln crowd the last several trips. You won't beat Reesing and my Hawks. We hung 76 on you last year and our team is even better. Who is gonna tackle us? Bo?

Bigger, Stronger, faster? BETTER THAN LAST YEAR???????? You want some research? Kansas lost its starting running back, their best offensive lineman, their best defender and pulled in a stellar #58 recruiting class. Not to mention they have Oklahoma, Texas, TTech and So. Florida. Since I'm in a prediction kind of mood, Kansas won't win a game after Oct. 11 and will finish the year 5-7.

KU will be better than last year. There is no question about that. We lost 2 guys-Talib and Collins-keep in mind that Collins played hurt the last 5 games of the year. Talib is the only guy we lost from a very strong secondary. You can point to McClinton as another loss-but he wasn't even a factor during our last 6 games because of an undisclosed injury-he only played part time. Then we alos lost McAnderson our "system running back" Sharp is a better back, and we added the #1 Juco RB in Jacques Crawford. We return 9 starters on defense, with 4 more back whole saw significant time. We return 7 on offense and the guys we lost were role players-besides of course Collins, but Mangino likes his replacement Jeff Spikes and from what I've seen in the off season was nothing short of dominance from him. He'll be fine.

Need I go on? Oh, and you may want to forget about Rivals and Scouts and their little star ratings. That really has paid off well for Nebraska huh!?! :clap

You're even more deluded than we were at this time last year.

Thnx.

Why don't you respond to the guys that just completely blasted your "bigger, stronger, faster" theory?

That wasn't difficult to do. 76-39? Your team still left their jockstraps on our field from the BURNING in Lawrence...and I don't mean VD. :)

I guess we'll bring them to Lincoln when we visit. Cheers! :koolaid2:

LOL. NO. You guys won the award for the most delusional fanbase and you're leading the pack yet again. We WON our BCS game therefore WE can talk. What bowl were you guys in again? I must of missed it. It's funny how the majority of people on this board are predicting a win against KU and then when I put them in their place I'm suddenly dilusional!? Amazing. 76-39. Please! You seriously think the crowd will win the game for you!?! How? Kind of like how A&M's crowd beat us last year, oh that's right, we won that game. And how we were gonna lose at Boulder, oh that's right, WE BEAT CU last YEAR! Try beating them before predicting a win against us. LOL. Just being honest!

LOL. NO. You guys won the award for the most delusional fanbase and you're leading the pack yet again. We WON our BCS game therefore WE can talk. What bowl were you guys in again? I must of missed it. It's funny how the majority of people on this board are predicting a win against KU and then when I put them in their place I'm suddenly dilusional!? Amazing. 76-39. Please! You seriously think the crowd will win the game for you!?! How? Kind of like how A&M's crowd beat us last year, oh that's right, we won that game. And how we were gonna lose at Boulder, oh that's right, WE BEAT CU last YEAR! Try beating them before predicting a win against us. LOL. Just being honest!

I can not wait until the big, black, rubber dildo that is REALITY slaps you in the cheek, my friend.

following the same format here---

Week One Nebraska 24- Western Michigan 17

Why Nebraska will win: the home opener streak! As long as the opener continues to feature unranked teams, it will continue unabated.

X-Factor: turnovers

Week Two Nebraska 28- San Jose State 14

Why Nebraska will win: Are you kidding? San Jose St. has been outscored 351-108 and really sucks.

Week Three Nebraska 27- New Mexico State 17

Why Nebraska will win: another tuneup opponent

Week Four Virginia Tech 24- Nebraska 10

Why Virginia Tech will win: Defense and Special Teams, a seasoned reasonably talented team, even on the road is better than a team with growing pains. Frank Beamer will outcoach BO (for now).

X-Factor: turnovers as usual- first actual challenge of the season

Week Five Missouri 38- Nebraska 17

Why Missouri will win: The Tigers have a better, more experienced team with the best QB in the B12. Missouri's offense outperforms the less talented NU defense and the seasoned Missouri defense makes the going tough. Home field is little help-- Tigers win in Lincoln for the first time since 1978.

X-Factor: Jeremy Maclin

Week Six Texas Tech 35- Nebraska 21

Why Texas Tech will win: Under Leach, Texas Tech has a powerhouse offense that routinely puts up huge numbers. One dimensional for sure, but very successful against the NU secondary. Shawn Watson's offense and th eimproving NU defense will keep it close for much of the game.

X-Factor: Turnovers

Week Seven Nebraska 28- Iowa State 14

Why Nebraska will win: Nebraska takes this game purely on being better than Iowa St. on every level. The Cyclones are battling for last in the B12 and just don't have the talent to square up with Nebraska. The home field does very little for ISU. It could actually get ugly for the clones with a turnover or two!

X-Factor: First game on a Grass Field.

Week Eight Nebraska 31- Baylor 10

Why Nebraska will win: IT'S BAYLOR... they suck. Not to mention they have a new coaching staff (like NU) who brings a different system to Baylor -- learning curves suck.

X-Factor: none required. But turnovers would make it even uglier.

Week Nine Oklahoma 31- Nebraska 14

Why Oklahoma will win: Top to bottom Oklahoma is better than Nebraska. Coaching is

better, quarterback is better, recievers are better, O-line is better, The entire Defense

is better. Horrible Mismatch for the Huskers.

X-Factor: Coaching

Week Ten Kansas 27- Nebraska 14

Why Kansas will win: They have Mangino. Their system is on year six, not year one. They have turned the corner. Reesing is a very good play maker. Sure, KU won't match last seasons record (helped by a weak schedule) but are more than a match for the first year husker system. The Jayhawks get their first win in Lincoln since 1968.

X-Factor: The Fat man

Week Eleven Nebraska 35- Kansas State 10

Why Nebraska will win: If Pelini just shows up. NU wins. KSU has no real chance in this game, Prince is stacking the deck with JUCOS but it ain't gonna help. This one could get ugly.

X-Factor: Ron Prince.

Week Twelve Colorado 28 - Nebraska 21

Why Colorado will win: Once again, the huskers face a program trying to rise from the ashes like NU and KSU, the difference? Colorado is further along in their rebuilding effort. The Buffs have a signature win already under Hawkins. CU wins a close one in Lincoln.

X-Factor: Desire

GO BO!!

I can not wait until the big, black, rubber dildo that is REALITY slaps you in the cheek, my friend.

Captain Obvious and his 1 Liners on are on fire!! WOW!! This is still a football forum...right? I guess captain obvious didn't get the memo. Whatever you're into is fine dude, but keep that stuff to yourself. That's just sick.

Why Nebraska will win: the home opener streak! As long as the opener continues to feature unranked teams, it will continue unabated.

Why Nebraska will win: Are you kidding? San Jose St. has been outscored 351-108 and really sucks.

Why Virginia Tech will win: Defense and Special Teams, a seasoned reasonably talented team, even on the road is better than a team with growing pains. Frank Beamer will outcoach BO (for now).

Why Missouri will win: The Tigers have a better, more experienced team with the best QB in the B12. Missouri's offense outperforms the less talented NU defense and the seasoned Missouri defense makes the going tough. Home field is little help-- Tigers win in Lincoln for the first time since 1978.

Why Texas Tech will win: Under Leach, Texas Tech has a powerhouse offense that routinely puts up huge numbers. One dimensional for sure, but very successful against the NU secondary. Shawn Watson's offense and th eimproving NU defense will keep it close for much of the game.

Why Nebraska will win: Nebraska takes this game purely on being better than Iowa St. on every level. The Cyclones are battling for last in the B12 and just don't have the talent to square up with Nebraska. The home field does very little for ISU. It could actually get ugly for the clones with a turnover or two!

Why Nebraska will win: IT'S BAYLOR... they suck. Not to mention they have a new coaching staff (like NU) who brings a different system to Baylor -- learning curves suck.

Why Oklahoma will win: Top to bottom Oklahoma is better than Nebraska. Coaching is

better, quarterback is better, recievers are better, O-line is better, The entire Defense

Why Kansas will win: They have Mangino. Their system is on year six, not year one. They have turned the corner. Reesing is a very good play maker. Sure, KU won't match last seasons record (helped by a weak schedule) but are more than a match for the first year husker system. The Jayhawks get their first win in Lincoln since 1968.

Why Nebraska will win: If Pelini just shows up. NU wins. KSU has no real chance in this game, Prince is stacking the deck with JUCOS but it ain't gonna help. This one could get ugly.

Why Colorado will win: Once again, the huskers face a program trying to rise from the ashes like NU and KSU, the difference? Colorado is further along in their rebuilding effort. The Buffs have a signature win already under Hawkins. CU wins a close one in Lincoln.

GO BO!!

I take back what I said. There are realistic fans on this board. BRAVO CLONE!! :clap

Your argument for road wins is a win against a team that finished one game above .500 and a team that finished one game below? 2-8 against ranked opponents over the last 5 years, and even with the miracle 2007 season, over the last five years the jayhawks are 7-16 on the road with wins at ISU, Mizzou (in 04), Wyoming, and the four wins last year. These teams finished their seasons a combined 39-48. Some more research for you.

GO BO!!

I take back what I said. There are realistic fans on this board. BRAVO CLONE!! :clap

I'm always wrong. I predicted a 9-3 NU season last year and it ended up 5-7. :dunno

I gotta tell you, this cocky Kansas just doesn't match the blue uniforms. Since you obviously don't much care for rational picks, let's play a little game.

With virtually guaranteed losses to the following:

Missouri

Texas

Oklahoma

Texas Tech

Tossups:

Nebraska

South Florida

Kansas State

Colorado

Which BCS bowl will Kansas attend?

If you answered None, correct!

I'm sorry JGS30. You guys had a good run. Creaming those cupcakes must have felt really good for a program so utterly useless to the history of college football, but I feel I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't inform you that even the hope-springs-eternal Huskers can't quite compare with this level of sheer irrationality. Kansas won't win the NC. They won't win the Big XII. They won't even with the North. And so will the conference return to the natural order: Kansas as a second-tier Big XII football program who had that one crazy season in Nebraska's temporary absence.

Your argument for road wins is a win against a team that finished one game above .500 and a team that finished one game below? 2-8 against ranked opponents over the last 5 years, and even with the miracle 2007 season, over the last five years the jayhawks are 7-16 on the road with wins at ISU, Mizzou (in 04), Wyoming, and the four wins last year. These teams finished their seasons a combined 39-48. Some more research for you.

I gotta tell you, this cocky Kansas just doesn't match the blue uniforms. Since you obviously don't much care for rational picks, let's play a little game.

With virtually guaranteed losses to the following:

Missouri

Texas

Oklahoma

Texas Tech

Tossups:

Nebraska

South Florida

Kansas State

Colorado

Which BCS bowl will Kansas attend?

If you answered None, correct!

I'm sorry JGS30. You guys had a good run. Creaming those cupcakes must have felt really good for a program so utterly useless to the history of college football, but I feel I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't inform you that even the hope-springs-eternal Huskers can't quite compare with this level of sheer irrationality. Kansas won't win the NC. They won't win the Big XII. They won't even with the North. And so will the conference return to the natural order: Kansas as a second-tier Big XII football program who had that one crazy season in Nebraska's temporary absence.

With this kind of brilliance, I don't need to go beyond one-liners.

I appreciate the research and respect that you went all the way back through 5 years, but what does the 04 team have to do with this year? I would look at last year's team and what they did, considering the majority is back. Winning @ Colorado and Texas A&M aren't easy things to do. You of all people should know that considering Nebraska's history playing @Boulder. But regardless, this is a "What have you done for me lately game" I don't care what KU did in 04. All those players were true freshmen or redshirted at the time-Our seniors anyway. Big deal. I guess what I'm trying to say is this isn't the "old KU" teams are used to playing. We don't just bend over and take it like ISU and Baylor. We'll fight you till the end win or lose. Something that Nebraska couldn't say last year. I certainly hope that somewhere among all the Husker Optimism there are some fans worried about NU's players quitting, because we ALL SAW IT LAST YEAR, and these are the same kids. Until Bo gets HIS recruits, I for one will not be afraid to walk into Lincoln. neither will KU.

But I will say Bo has a propven track record and will be a great head coach. he should of got this job 3 years ago. I guess better late than never for Husker Nation.