Darkhorse recruit

Which recruit will come out of no where this summer and play a significant role?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definatly Rands, Just catching a punt would be a huge improvement over last year and I think this guy is going to be a playmaker. The Dante Hall type. He won't play anywhere else besides returner.

mccray was suppose to be alot like daunte hall aswell according to callahan and we seen how that played out.

Yea, we seen.

I didn't even realize he was on the football roster. I wonder what the deal was with him? I have heardn't Callahan talk much about him. Maybe I need to go back and watch the recruiting press conference from last year.

Probably Rands and Wilson, due to the immense shortage in the secondary and returning game that cally and coz left us with.

You mean that Frank left us with? What juniors/seniors do we have that are ready to step in?

Because we have a couple of guys who think they're ready for the NFL, it's the coaches fault?

If I remember correctly, we had the top returning secondary last season, 3 jrs and 1 sr. ole' coz and elmo ruined that, and with their (coaches) poor performance, it caused NU to lose their top 2 db's.

But I guess that it Franks fault?

Besides, I dont recall callys last 2 classes doing much in the way of filling the needs in the secondary.

Times coming when ya'll are gonna have to face reality, its not Franks fault anymore, and these guys arent going to make it much better.

Definatly Rands, Just catching a punt would be a huge improvement over last year and I think this guy is going to be a playmaker. The Dante Hall type. He won't play anywhere else besides returner.

mccray was suppose to be alot like daunte hall aswell according to callahan and we seen how that played out.

Yea, we seen.

I didn't even realize he was on the football roster. I wonder what the deal was with him? I have heardn't Callahan talk much about him. Maybe I need to go back and watch the recruiting press conference from last year.

yeah callahan was huge on him, even after the first couple practices. Then who knows what happen.

Probably Rands and Wilson, due to the immense shortage in the secondary and returning game that cally and coz left us with.

You mean that Frank left us with? What juniors/seniors do we have that are ready to step in?

Because we have a couple of guys who think they're ready for the NFL, it's the coaches fault?

If I remember correctly, we had the top returning secondary last season, 3 jrs and 1 sr. ole' coz and elmo ruined that, and with their (coaches) poor performance, it caused NU to lose their top 2 db's.

Besides, I dont recall callys last 2 classes doing much in the way of filling the needs in the secondary.

Times coming when ya'll are gonna have to face reality, its not Franks fault anymore, and these guys arent going to make it much better.

LOL, Solich's last recruiting class had DB's like Steve Craver, Adrian Turner, and Titus Brothers. They sure did make an impact didn't they. If I'm not mistaken, no one stepped foot on campus because of grades. But yet you keep insisting that Bill only goes after dumb people and that Bill has left us with the inept depth in the secondary. Why don't we all just quit kidding ourselves that Solich or Bill are gods and realize that they both had/have a lot to prove before ever being considered a top of the line college coach.

LOL, Solich's last recruiting class had DB's like Steve Craver, Adrian Turner, and Titus Brothers. They sure did make an impact didn't they. If I'm not mistaken, no one stepped foot on campus because of grades. But yet you keep insisting that Bill only goes after dumb people and that Bill has left us with the inept depth in the secondary. Why don't we all just quit kidding ourselves that Solich or Bill are gods and realize that they both had/have a lot to prove before ever being considered a top of the line college coach.

Titus Brothers played a little last year I believe. He was the nickelback when Fabian was hurt.

I'm not blaming it all on Frank, but Callahan's 1st class definitely addressed the need in the secondary (Bowman, Wilson) and the bigger need at LB (Dillard, Moore, Octavien). The coaches now are going to make things better, that's why they're here. We are not going to get worse with these coaches. We're going to be top-tier again, rather than mediocre like we were Frank's last couple of years.

Oh yeah, Callahan has really only had 1 class to address his needs. He wasn't hired until January of last year, and really the class he put together in less than a month was better than the one Solich had prepared to bring in.

Titus Brothers played a little last year I believe. He was the nickelback when Fabian was hurt.

You are correct but I wouldn't say that he had an impact on the secondary, however.

craver=linebacker. Brothers is on team or atleast was last I knew, turner I believe left.

Craver was recruited as a DB and neither him not Turner showed up on campus.

pretty sure turner showed up on campus.

Turner.jpg

well, I am pretty sure he never played in a game and he is not listed on the roster of players. Craver decided to go to Tulsa after his 2 years at JUCO and he is now an outside linebacker.

Craver was recruited as a DB and neither him not Turner showed up on campus.

pretty sure turner showed up on campus.

Turner.jpg

well, I am pretty sure he never played in a game and he is not listed on the roster of players. Craver decided to go to Tulsa after his 2 years at JUCO and he is now an outside linebacker.

yes, i believe he redshirted his first year and then left.