Just Say No to Fair Catches

admo

This article might be my favorite of camp thus far. It had gotten to the point the past couple of years when I would go get a beer when we were returning punts only because I knew it'd either be muffed or fair caught. I'm glad the new staff is making this a point of emphasis, let's get that field advantage back on our side instead of simply hoping the offense can do all the work.

To start off with, I would just like to see them actually CATCH the ball after the spring game....then if we can do that, hey - I am all for being aggressive, but don't put some kid back there that forgets that the first step is to catch the ball, or under the pressure of a game craps his pants when he hears foot steps. If we have a young guy that is willing to take the punishment, that is great. Practice and a game situation are two different things.

I believe there was a major lack of trust, and the coaches called the FC from the sidelines before the punt. It was evident numerous times where a player would call FC with no one 15 yards from him. I think the lack of trust & confidence eventually weighed down on the players > IMO

Just good to hear they will be more aggressive now. Fumbles can happen, but on the flip side, you cant get your team in good field position or change momentum with your arm always in the air.