Weight: 235

40 time: 4.6

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Oklahoma ,Oklahoma State

Favorites: Signed with Oklahoma

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #2/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:#9/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Great combination of size, speed and hands. Has played WR, TE and CB. Seems alfully large to play these positions. Freakish in nature. Gresham prefers to play WR at the collegiate level, though his body is still filling out so TE may be his best position.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 0% (Solely on the fact that Blake is on him) Can he reel another in??!?!?!

Yeah this kid is really athletic....I've watched him play basketball a couple of times and he just dominated our team....Should be a good pick up for our recieving corp....

And who's receiving core might this be. B)

Nebraska....don't like OU at all....in fact I can't stand Bob Stoops....and I have no respect for the OU program

Why no love for Bobby Stoops??

Yeah this kid is really athletic....I've watched him play basketball a couple of times and he just dominated our team....Should be a good pick up for our recieving corp....

Nebraska....don't like OU at all....in fact I can't stand Bob Stoops....and I have no respect for the OU program

I don't know....I'm in the southernmost part of OK....bout 20 miles from the TX border and all I hear is how great he is.....but i think he whines too much.....ever watched him during a game?.....when he doesn't like a call he looks like a little baby cryin to the refs

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ardmore's Gresham an imposing receiver at 6-7

By Brandon Chatmon

The Oklahoman

ARDMORE -- Split out on the right side of the formation during Ardmore's scrimmage against Sulphur Thursday night, Ardmore receiver Jermaine Gresham looked in at the football, poised to make a play.

Standing 6-foot-7 and weighing 240 pounds, Gresham's imposing frame engulfed the 5-foot-9 defensive back lined up across from him. The quarterback's eyes lit up.

A mismatch. What every offensive coach looks for.

At the snap, Gresham, in a couple of long strides, erased the seven-yard cushion the defender gave him. Mismatch, indeed. Once Gresham got shoulder-to-shoulder with the defender, it was over. He reached back for another gear and created instant separation. Only an underthrown pass prevented a touchdown.

It's that type of ability that makes Gresham one of the nation's top recruits. He's been offered by Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Miami (Fla.), LSU and USC. He ranks 50th on the Rivals.com Top 100 and he's a member of the ESPN's Top 150.

Simply put, pass catchers with his size, speed and athletic ability are as rare as a person driving alone without talking on a cell phone.

"It's rare to see big kids that have his style of play,'' Rivals.com recruiting analyst Jeremy Crabtree said. "His fluidity of movement, his gamesmanship and the fact he plays big in big games. He's difficult to defend. Do you put a smaller defensive back on him?

Then you have to worry about his size. A linebacker? Then you worry about his speed. And he can out-jump you.''

Ardmore coach Mike Loyd has been involved with football for more than 19 years, from the NFL to the USFL to a coaching stint at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M in Miami. And he believes Jermaine ranks among the best players he's seen.

"I've had two receivers and three running backs play in the NFL,'' Loyd said. "For a skill position player at 17 years old, I've never seen one like Jermaine Gresham. I've never seen someone as athletic as he is, as big as he is.''

"Any other year, he would be the No. 1 player in the state,'' Crabtree said. "He ranks right up there with (former Booker T. Washington receiver) Robert Meacham. And he'd rank among the top five recruits in the state in the past 10 years.''

Ever since Gresham burst upon the Oklahoma high school football scene in Ardmore's loss to Shawnee in the semifinals of the 2003 Class 5A playoffs, he's been a walking mismatch. In that game, as a sophomore, Gresham had a six-catch, 168-yard, two-touchdown performance in front of 10,000 at Owen Field in Norman.

"One-on-one, I'm going to beat you,'' Gresham said. "That's my mindset.''

Heading into Friday night's season opener at Ada, Gresham is focused on taking Ardmore to the playoffs for the ninth straight season. With teams likely to shade their coverage schemes to Jermaine's side on every play, keeping his composure will be Gresham's biggest obstacle.

What's his focus this year?

"Not getting frustrated with myself,'' Gresham said. "(I need to) just take it as it comes.''

If Loyd has his way, Gresham has nothing to worry about.

"He's going to get plenty of touches,'' Loyd said. "I've never seen the first guy stop him. We've just got to create ways to get him the ball.''

If he does get the touches and the big-play opportunities, what can we expect in Jermaine's senior season?

"Excitement,'' he said. "I can bring excitement to the football field. I plan to make a difference.''

With his extensive football background -- including six professional training camps -- Loyd understands what a unique talent he has at his disposal. And he plans to take advantage of it.

"He runs in the 4.6s and he's 243 pounds,'' Loyd said. "The only thing that will hold Jermaine Gresham back is Jermaine Gresham.

"Potentially, he's the best player I've ever seen.''

I don't know....I'm in the southernmost part of OK....bout 20 miles from the TX border and all I hear is how great he is.....but i think he whines too much.....ever watched him during a game?.....when he doesn't like a call he looks like a little baby cryin to the refs

Steve Spurrier Jr. :lol:

probably not that day...on friday's it's all about the altus bulldogs for me...but i'll try to get in a word with him about how much we want him to play for the huskers

Oklahoma Husker, be very CAREFUL what you say to him. You could get the University in major NCAA recruiting problems. If something is reported to the NCAA and it is confirmed by the recruit, we might be forced to declare a guy ineligible for recruiting and have to withdraw our offer and not contact the recruit for 35 days.