Instant Replay

rawhide

I am curious as to how everyone feels about instant replays. The Big 10 tried it for a season and now the ACC is going to give it a shot.

There was the 83 PSU game it would have been great to use and I can think of any number of other games where it could have made a difference.

GBR

:)

I thought I saw on the ESPN ticker the other day that an NCAA meeting agreed that they would recommend instant replay for all of division 1. I think it is a good idea if it isn't going to be very costly. It makes a difference in the outcome of NFL games. Getting the call right is a good thing, even if modern technology has to be used. :)

I am curious as to how everyone feels about instant replays. The Big 10 tried it for a season and now the ACC is going to give it a shot.

There was the 83 PSU game it would have been great to use and I can think of any number of other games where it could have made a difference.

GBR

:)

The Orange Bowl against Florida State would of been another prime place for it when William Floyd fumbled crossing the goal line.

I didn't really see how it worked for the Big X+1 last year, but the set-up in the NFL is OK w/the time limit and the limited # of times it can be used. Sometimes there are some horrible blown calls. Do a 1 minute time limit, give the option of 2 replays a game, that wouldn't take much time and would be pretty fair.

Does anyone know the way it's used in college?