Celebration rule....

We are bitching at the people making the rules. The unsportsmanlike conduct flag is intended to keep players from taunting the other team. I have seen the video of the UW and BYU game, and that is as far from taunting as you get really. This is a game of emotion played. The refs need to be told to adhere to the spirit of the rule, not the letter of it.

Depending on the leg strength of the kicker, 35 yards could make such a change in the angle of the kick that makes it much more prone to being blocked.

Watch the replay again. And read my post again. They blocked the hell out of it. It wouldn't have mattered if the kick was from the 1 yard line and ball went straight up. It didn't cost them the game, that's just a load of bullsh#t.

We are bitching at the people making the rules. The unsportsmanlike conduct flag is intended to keep players from taunting the other team. I have seen the video of the UW and BYU game, and that is as far from taunting as you get really. This is a game of emotion played. The refs need to be told to adhere to the spirit of the rule, not the letter of it.

Depending on the leg strength of the kicker, 35 yards could make such a change in the angle of the kick that makes it much more prone to being blocked.

Watch the replay again. And read my post again. They blocked the hell out of it. It wouldn't have mattered if the kick was from the 1 yard line and ball went straight up. It didn't cost them the game, that's just a load of bullsh#t.

There are many things that caused Washington to lose this game. The defense could have made a few more stops, the offense could have scored more....etc. I don't agree with the rule, but the rule alone did not lose the game for Washington.

I think this rule needs some adjustment. It sucks when a game is decided by a call from the ref. Granted, the kick was missed, but would it have been if it had been a regular extra point?

College football is about excitement. It's about energy. It's about emotion. This rule was put into place to avoid taunting. There's nothing wrong with a little celebration.

What an annoying rule...

First of all, they need to COMPLETELY eliminate the call of unsportsmanlike conduct DURING the play...

For instance, last bowl season, in the KU game. Dont remember who it was, but he got called for highstepping into the endzone.

This is complete BS, if the defense can't even come close to the player with the ball, they deserve to get taunted.

Now, on to after the play. If it is a short celebration and it does not delay the game in any way at all... then why not?

Like the flag thrown today after that sack... it was like a 1.5 second celebration, involving 1 player. There is no reason that should have been called.

They are making it seem like the game should be played with no emotion, and you can sack the QB to stop a drive late in the game and you are expected to calmly walk back to the huddle...BS

I disagree. If you're showboating during a play, I think that shows a lack of respect for the other team. I don't mind if the call that. If you've made a play though, then I think it's totally okay to go wild and celebrate to your heart's content (within reasonable limits).