40 second clock

I had read about the 40 second clock before the season started, and didn't like the idea. After seeing it in use, I can see penalties being handed out, when the officials are the ones not getting the lead out and moving the chains etc. I really hope this leaves us next year, as I don't want to see teams being forced into a no huddle situation just because they are pushed for time from slow officials.

I had misunderstood what they were going to do with that . . . I figured it was going to be 40 seconds after the ball was set, which I absolutely hated. But once I saw how it actually was, I didn't mind it so much.

Although it made for a TON of delay of games at the UNK/Wayne State game yesterday. :P

I am sure it is going to take a while for the refs to get use to it as well. I thought it was pretty good last night. I think the biggest rule change that is going to have a huge effect on the game is the clock starting even though they went out of bounds (except final two minutes). It seemed to play a small role in Michigan's game yesterday.

yeah these rules are so damn stupid. the only reason the Husker game came under three hours last night was because it wasn't on regular tv, it was on pay-per-view. the media timeouts were for the radio, making them shorter.

with the high-scoring offenses nowadays, the time is always gonna be stopping and the game will be well over three hours. nothing to do about that.