What other team means more to a state?

bigredtoad

I figured it was a tough one, which is why i ask. But you guys made some real good suggestions. But the main point of my post was to come up with a team that had a home state which depended on them more, for representing them on the sports stage. Several of those others you guys said either have other major teams in state (college or pro), or are real small states like Maine, Conn and so on. So with that in mind I think the case is closed and we can safely say "THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA!!", and that Nebraska fans are some of the most faithful in the land, if nothing more than because we only got one prom date! But shes a dam purdy one ;)

My neighbors to the east have a bigger fan base then anything here in Indiana, and the is Ohio State. I think Ohio State football is bigger than Indiana basketball, i always see those little flags on cars going through when they have a game to the west of here. I dont know if its as big as Nebraskas support, cause there are very few of us here, and i dont make it to Nebraska very often, but the Buckeyes are big in Ohio for sure.

I would say that the Bulls mean a lot to the Chicago area over the past 10 or so years. It is nothing to how much the Huskers mean to this state but the Bulls have been horrible the past couple of years and are still in the top five in attendance and have a much larger following than any of the other sports in that area.

The Bulls??? I cannot believe someone compared the Bulls to the Huskers. That was about the dumbest post I have ever read. I live in Illinois and can tell you that no one cares about the Bulls in Illinois. We are fair weather fans when it comes to pro basketball. The Bulls are not even the most talked about basketball team in the state right now (UofI basketball). You could have made a decent argument for the Cubs. Tickets went on sale Friday and that was insane. They jacked up the prices and still sold out. I got bleacher tickets for 8 games including cubs white sox!

The Gimp has spoken.

Notre Dame?

Ok, this was almost as dumb as the guy who posted the Bulls. There are two types of people in this world, people who hate Notre Dame and the people who went to Notre Dame. I would estimate that 90% of people in the state of Indiana hate Notre Dame (IU and Purdue fans).

There is no team that means more to a state as much as Husker football in Nebraska. The closest would probably be Kentucky hoops, but still not even close.

The Gimp has spoken.

I would say that the Bulls mean a lot to the Chicago area over the past 10 or so years. It is nothing to how much the Huskers mean to this state but the Bulls have been horrible the past couple of years and are still in the top five in attendance and have a much larger following than any of the other sports in that area.

The Bulls??? I cannot believe someone compared the Bulls to the Huskers. That was about the dumbest post I have ever read. I live in Illinois and can tell you that no one cares about the Bulls in Illinois. We are fair weather fans when it comes to pro basketball. The Bulls are not even the most talked about basketball team in the state right now (UofI basketball). You could have made a decent argument for the Cubs. Tickets went on sale Friday and that was insane. They jacked up the prices and still sold out. I got bleacher tickets for 8 games including cubs white sox!

The Gimp has spoken.

First off buddy, I did not compare the too, I said that they were no were as close, if you would of read the whole thing then you would of saw that. and second, Why do the bulls have the third largest attendance records over the past 10 years if they are all fair weather fans. i don't know if you follow basketball but they have been piss poor the past six years and they still are selling a sh#t ton of tickets. So before you ridicule someone else, you may want to take some time and research your stuff before you throw out a bunch of B.S. and act like you know everything.