In case you were wondering....

NUpolo8

If you watch any amount of college football you know that stats week to week mean nothing. Now a days, it's any given Saturday. Nobody is scared of nobody.

Even though I'm pissed about most of the performance today...you're right. College football is a completely different animal than it used to be. LOTS of teams were out there struggling today against teams that normally they would have no business struggling against.

Maybe so. But I think there is plenty for us to worry about. As much as i want to put my head in the sand i have come to the realization after today, that we are alot farther away from being mediocre than i previously thought. If that were TTech it would have been another 70 pt beat down, not sure how many of those i can take before i hand in my rose colored glasses.

No sand in my ears.

No telling what would have happened if TT, OU, MU, USC, or anyone else had played us. Game prep, emotion, and desire have a lot to do with how different matchups play out. That was my point. That being said, you have a point being that a spread style offense seems to be a difficult matchup for NU defensively.

BTW, anyone else tired of the term mediocre?

Ohio State almost got beat at home by lowly Ohio on Saturday, West Virginia got mashed by East Carolina, San Diego St lost to I-AA Cal Poly at home, then should have beat Notre Dame. It was an ugly win, but it was still a WIN. I liked what I saw in the second half from the defense. I agree, that they have a ways to go, but they adjusted and shut SJSU off in the second half. The offense is going to need to step up their performance. I would be ok if they line up next Saturday and attempt to run every single down to try and get on track. If this team cannot run the ball with any consistency, it is going to get awful tough to find a W later in the season.

If you watch any amount of college football you know that stats week to week mean nothing. Now a days, it's any given Saturday. Nobody is scared of nobody.

Even though I'm pissed about most of the performance today...you're right. College football is a completely different animal than it used to be. LOTS of teams were out there struggling today against teams that normally they would have no business struggling against.

Maybe so. But I think there is plenty for us to worry about. As much as i want to put my head in the sand i have come to the realization after today, that we are alot farther away from being mediocre than i previously thought. If that were TTech it would have been another 70 pt beat down, not sure how many of those i can take before i hand in my rose colored glasses.

are we going to have our freshman QB throwing over and over again??? I think not.

its early fellas calm down. t tech would not have put 40 on us. they only beat nevada by 16(it was a 11 point game after 3) that would be the same nevada we put 52 on last year and beat by 42.

The quarter back they started (can't remember his name) came into the last game and almost single handedly won it for them in the second half. He was the number 3 duel threat quarter back comming out of highschool. If he stays healthy, that team will shock a few people. They are much better than most think. I would love to have that kid on our team. Our defense did a pretty good job stopping him from running all over us. Hell he did that good and was only getting about 1/3 or less of the snaps in practice. He is a very good QB for sure.

We should have won big, but, watch that team this year and I think you may be suprised with the success they have.

The quarter back they started (can't remember his name) came into the last game and almost single handedly won it for them in the second half. He was the number 3 duel threat quarter back comming out of highschool. If he stays healthy, that team will shock a few people. They are much better than most think. I would love to have that kid on our team. Our defense did a pretty good job stopping him from running all over us. Hell he did that good and was only getting about 1/3 or less of the snaps in practice. He is a very good QB for sure.

We should have won big, but, watch that team this year and I think you may be suprised with the success they have.

back to making every QB look great??

That happened a LOT last year.

GO BO!!

Look the problem isn't the defensive scheme, or not being able to match up with a spread O, Coach Carl had guys in the right spot, at the right time to make the plays. The problem is our guys seem to be under the impression that if you hit a ball carrier in the shoulder pads or the thighs with your forearm he will fall over for you....guess not. That was some of the sloppiest, pss poorest excuse for tackling I've seen since, well since last year. No excuses. Tackling is gddam football 101! and it needs to improve, yesterday! And I give cresit where credit is due, SJS had a solid game plan they executed nearly flawlessly. But still...wrap your arms around the guy and fking plant him!

Having said all that, on the positive side noone quit out there, that was nice to see. Had we had the same first three quarters with last years staff that would have been a loss, guarntee it. Also, pressure WAS there most of the day, and the D eventually knocked their starter out of the game, again, nice to see. The team out there in the fourth quarter was almost, almost, worthy of the coveted black shirts. But for now, no soup for you!

are we going to have our freshman QB throwing over and over again??? I think not.

its early fellas calm down. t tech would not have put 40 on us. they only beat nevada by 16(it was a 11 point game after 3) that would be the same nevada we put 52 on last year and beat by 42.

Actually this last game seemed eerily similar to the 14-8 win over Kansas the week before the 70-10 Tech game. At least through 3 quarters.

Then in the 4th quarter some things started to click and a ray of hope emerged after that horrible start. It is something to build on.