I dont know If this hs been pointed out.

melscott62

our team went into half playing poorly, and they.........made....adjustments. :o

its been a while since we have had a coach do that. it might seem like a simple thing to point out, but we havent seen it for quite some time.

I'd have to agree. Both sides of the ball looked pretty crappy in the first half and in the second half, the defense responded pretty well. I like the d Bo was running with the 3 man line with Suh, Steinkuhler and Potter to eat up blockers with Allen and Glenn kinda reading the protection and picking a spot to bring pressure. It worked quite a bit, and it was encouraging to see. Obviously, the defense has a ways to go, but they played their butts off. Hats off to them!

Now, for the offense, holy friggin crap. I don't think Mike McNeil has blocked anyone to date. The line has looked like back to the future(2004-2005) and the inability to run the ball and control the clock is really concerning. I think the offense did just enough to win and I hope this was just an off game altogether. Hopefully, they can put it together against New Mexico St and play with some more polish. I think the defense turned a corner in the second half, they were fun to watch, hopefully the improvement continues.