Possible Explanation for Bad Display last Saturday

DJR313

They had an off game, it happens at least once to each team in the country every season. The key is finding ways to win when it does happen.

Bingo we have a winner thanks for playing everyone and don't forget to tip your waitress.

:yeah Look at Ohio St last week and don't try to tell me they sucked because 'Beanie' wasn't playing. They did not look good all the way around and they're supposed to be a national title contender. We looked flat for 3 quarters but still won the game. Done. All that matters is that big W on the schedule.

It's always more than just winning..(Tom O.)

Who has an "off day" this early in the season?

The biggest improvement in a team is almost always between the 1st and 2nd games..I can see why so many are concerned about this team's struggle against so called cupcakes.

Because we all know the "meat" of our schedule is coming soon.

Ohio State just barely got wins last year in some of their "easy games" and got in to the MNC game.

Imagine the hurt USC will put on them today after feeling they should've played LSU last season but had to settle for (I forget) just because they played a tougher schedule. (Or that Stanford was just too good to beat with anything less than your "A-Game" and tOSU had nobody on their schedule like that).

as crappy as an excuse as this is...... How do you explain Maryland whipping Cal.

I think Cal didnt like to play at 8 am.

Does Cal practice at 8 AM? Doubt it, thanks for playing. For the third time, this isn't an excuse, merely an explanation.

This is what it looks like when you quote yourself twice.

Does anyone actually read an entire post? I'll repost the thesis, because 5 sentences is apparently too long.

There is no excuse for some of the bad play, but this might explain why the Huskers looked sloppy and San Jose St played fairly well early.

What ever the reason, I thought SJS looked faster, bigger and hit a lot harded than WMU. Was led to believe that WM as the better team of the first three games on the schedual. Don't think so

GBR!!!

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

wmu is marginally the best of the two (for now). when facing the mighty huskers-- wmu was playing their first game of the season, sjs was playing their second game.

come on football gurus, when is the greatest improvement??

from first to second game. at least that's what folks here were saying. ;)

It worked for sjs who barely beat UC Davis (13-10) week one.

just think how those poor creampuffs at #109 nms felt, facing the mighty skers on the road in LINCOLN in their FIRST game of the season!! taking the field with the huskers armed with two games (and subsequent improvement) under their belt.

probably scared the bejesus outta them.

GO BO!!