Lance Thorell?

DJR313

he didn't take out our starting D-end or miss nearly as many tackles as 5* Asante.

Wow really? Blaming Asante for Turner? If I'm not mistaken he was diving to make the tackle on that play and Asante played pretty solid on Saturday. Go back and watch some of the punt returns and see how far down the field the kid Asante is blocking makes it. He kicked the tar out of Fonoti's brother on more then one occasion.

Also I remember 2-3 of this kids tackles coming because he happened to be the closest Husker around when the NMSU player ran out of bounds. I do remember one play in general where this kid totally got faked out of his shorts and instead of coming up and making the hit he sat back and danced with runner. I'm sure that had more to do with this being his first game action though.

I want to know how much he will play the rest of the way when West comes back. Probably not at all. Was he on Special Teams before this game?

Dang I wish I could've seen the game.

Sounded on the broadcast like he was going to be the next Andy Means.

Guess I'll just have to rely on haters? opinions.

I assume this is directed at me since I'm the only one that wasn't doing back-flips in this thread.

He played a fine game but nothing he did stood out and that is a fact in my hater opinion. :ahhhhhhhh

From now on it is nothing but hugs, puppies, roses, kissy face, back patting, tickle fights, ice cream cones, sugar/spice, cute and fuzzy bunnies, walks on the beach, Camp Fire songs and sunshine pumping for me. I would HATE to be considered a HATER........................................................unless it's bashing Asante and Lucky then it is alright. :bang:boxosoap

Now if you'll excuse me I must make my way into line with a the good sheep...................................BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :dunno

Never question anything, it is bad. :koolaid2::moreinteresting

Disclaimer: This kid is 1,000,000 times the football player I ever was or would ever have dreamed of being(except for when I had the dream I was Walter Payton :woo ) so none of this is in anyway trying to take away from him seeing the field. I'm just trying to point out that all the loving eyes :wub: towards him might be blown a little bit out of context. IMO :nanalama

Dang I wish I could've seen the game.

Sounded on the broadcast like he was going to be the next Andy Means.

Guess I'll just have to rely on haters? opinions.

I assume this is directed at me since I'm the only one that wasn't doing back-flips in this thread.

He played a fine game but nothing he did stood out and that is a fact in my hater opinion. :ahhhhhhhh

From now on it is nothing but hugs, puppies, roses, kissy face, back patting, tickle fights, ice cream cones, sugar/spice, cute and fuzzy bunnies, walks on the beach, Camp Fire songs and sunshine pumping for me. I would HATE to be considered a HATER........................................................unless it's bashing Asante and Lucky then it is alright. :bang:boxosoap

Now if you'll excuse me I must make my way into line with a the good sheep...................................BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :dunno

Never question anything, it is bad. :koolaid2::moreinteresting

Disclaimer: This kid is 1,000,000 times the football player I ever was or would ever have dreamed of being(except for when I had the dream I was Walter Payton :woo ) so none of this is in anyway trying to take away from him seeing the field. I'm just trying to point out that all the loving eyes :wub: towards him might be blown a little bit out of context. IMO :nanalama

sheep.gif Tickle Fights?

Sorry Obama..(Keep talkin' all purty like that and you might just sway my vote in your favor).

I was just glad to hear an (almost) hometown kid getting his 1st start, even though..Yes, the Pass Interference sounded a little boneheaded..But still better to error on Agression as opposed to what these guys were taught recently (like not to turn around to the ball)..Sounded like Henry David Thoreau..er..Thorell practically climbed over the top of the intended receiver.

I (and I suspect many others on this thread) wasn't so much excited by his play, but more by the fact that a redshirt Freshman was getting so much playing time in a position that's really hard to find speedy? 6 footers in..and we haven't had in a long time.