Husker defense comes of age

Wow, ok ok! Settle down girls! We are all fans here, no reason to gripe over something so insignificant. The article wasn't about the issues between the fans, it was about OUR Huskers and OUR defense putting up a great performance. So lets stay on that topic!

I'm not the one that brought the age thing up, but I'm more than happy to respond to it...

Girls? Probably wouldn't say that looking up to me in person. People on the board should post like they would if they were face-to-face. That would solve a lot of these disagreements.

Oh, by the way...I am thrilled by the way the defense played. I'm thrilled about the way the entire team is playing. Very encouraging.

the stadium was crazy!!! It was awesome! We were sitting there (yes sitting sadly in the South end zone) and any outside would be wondering why the crowd was getting worked up since we had a 35 point lead! But after every stop everyone started standing...everyone started getting louder and louder....EVERYONE, even older people who sit the entire game, was yelling at the top of their lungs. It was one of the best drives I've ever seen...those penalties sucked though. But everyone was so excited how we stopped that drive

I agree. The crowd was awesome last night.

The red-zone stops were even better!

That was a lot of fun.

Okay, guys - either take it to the 'Shed or stop.

This reminds me of one of Oldman's posts the other day. A bunch of guys bag him for being older and having an opinion, and when he talks back (after about 25 posts trashing him), one of the moderators tells him "that's enough".

I guess we "old farts" and "old timers" aren't supposed to have an opinion or defend ourselves. Or do we use words with too many syllables for the kids to understand?

or maybe it's your tone? you want to group all of us youngins into a hole, so i'll do it too, i don't want to be recognized as a nice guy during the game, before and after great, during that game i want to be your worst nightmare.

My worst nightmares come from combat in the Marines. Maybe that's why I try to act civilized at something as trivial in life as a football game. You would simply be an insignificant annoyance.

Well, i was taught by my grandfather to have respect for my elders, and for the most part I do. But there are times when certain individuals, who will remain *******, take shots at members for the board, myself included.

The "too many syllables" and us being an "annoyance" simply tells me that you fit the mold of someone who's never wrong, and is always right.

But then again, i'm only an 800lbs gorilla....

Oh for the love of all that is holy, some of you need to stop beating your chest and being internet tough guys!? Say that to my face and blah blah blah. I respect my elders, but I only give respect if I receive it back. It's a little ridiculous when Husker fans are arguing and acting like children after a good win and a great performance by our defense. Everyone calm down or the thread will most likely be locked by a mod or admin and then someone will probably complain about that as well.

I think the defense still has a way to go and obviously that comes with time. The secondary is still the biggest concern right now because teams for the most part have been able to pass on us. I'm not sure what the answer to the problem is, but I noticed that we are still playing 8 yards or so off of the receivers which creates space for short passes. If your gaining 5 yards or so on every pass it's not too long before your defense is backed up in the redzone.