The preseason is over

This team is not a power house. What I do like is that they are competitive and finding ways to win. I dont care for pretty games at all. Things dont have to be perfect. Be competitive, have confidence, improve, use the experience to get better, and go for the W.

I'm happy with how things are going.

This team is not a power house. What I do like is that they are competitive and finding ways to win. I dont care for pretty games at all. Things dont have to be perfect. Be competitive, have confidence, improve, use the experience to get better, and go for the W.

I agree 100%, but I shutter to think what might happen when we face some of these better teams. I'm honestly thinking when we face these teams: OU, MU, KU and Tech that we will lose by 24 points to at least 2 of the 4. We just aren't ready yet to play with them.

I agree 100%, but I shutter to think what might happen when we face some of these better teams. I'm honestly thinking when we face these teams: OU, MU, KU and Tech that we will lose by 24 points to at least 2 of the 4. We just aren't ready yet to play with them.

Yah bro, I know it's a cloud from last season possibly. New coaching, new technique, new philosophy, different players (for the most part). I'm really getting into taking these one at a time. A good game against Va Tech could do wonders. And playing all these games at home helps with the maturation process and builds confidence for these young guys. By time those big games come along, the speed of the game will (hopefully) slow down for them. They'll know exactly what the coaches want and what they'll be responsible for doing.

7. Did you see the interesting stat last night during the game? Teams are eating up yards against NU...that is until they get into the red zone. Bend, but don't break?!?! Pelini is talking this approach. In other words, your not going to stop the spread, but when the field shortens, the offense stops itself. Hey, I havn't seen any other way to slow this offense. We are realy good at red zone defense. Part NU's ability, part nature of offense.

I HIGHLY doubt that Bo is taking a "bend but don't break" attitude. It goes against his nature! Could you really see Pelini telling our guys "Today we're going to give them whatever they want till they get to our 25, then by god start trying to stop them!" I highly doubt it is his aproach to play this way. More than likely our secondary is not fully understanding the zone concepts as well as they should, giving opponents a lot of room to get open. Once we get in the red zone they are more apt to stick with their man, and make the QB make good decisions. Which luckily so far they haven't done to a large degree.

That, or the thought of Bo coming down on them for giving up points has so far scared them enough to keep their freakin heads in the game. :dunno