my take: Around the conference

Eric the Red

Around the conference

1. Anyone else see Chase Daniel and Missouri? Yeah I said the same thing...holy sh#t we're in trouble.

2. Texas Tech hasn't changed one bit. They'll beat Texas and lose to Omaha Benson. I'm not impressed one bit.

3. OU looks as good as any team out there. When you have very good line play, your going to be in the hunt for conference and national championship.

4. KU is still a good team, a normally stout defense got hit hard against So. Florida. So. Florida had great overall speed, something many Big 12 teams don't have. I expect KU to challenge MU for the North.

5. MU will challenge OU for the Big 12. But, in old football fashion, there is no substitute for toughness and line play. OU HAS NO WEAKNESS!!

Here's an amazing (at least to me) stat: In the last 2 games, Chase Daniel has thrown more touchdown than incompletions. That's hard to do even without a defense. Here's hoping the Mizzou defense can step up.

Thats a very impressive stat (although I haven't seen Mizzou play yet this year), but don't they run a lot of underneath routes? The couple of Maclin receptions I've seen have been quick passes that Maclin makes the play on. Still impressive as that means no team has been able to disrupt their rythm. If Mizzou can't get their defense in gear though I think OU will roll cause they look scary good this year.

They throw all over the place - long, short, sidelines, posts...

They also have a very decent tight end - in action here: (a man among boys)

The QB is Chase Patton, Daniel's backup.

Lately the SEC has beaten up slightly above average Ohio State teams. Big 12 teams would have scored 50+ on them.

Get real, our champ got stomped by West Virginia last year, and couldn't beat Boise St the year before.

I said Ohio State. Not West Virginia or Boise State.

And I still stand behind that opinion.

Lately the SEC has beaten up slightly above average Ohio State teams. Big 12 teams would have scored 50+ on them.

Get real, our champ got stomped by West Virginia last year, and couldn't beat Boise St the year before.

You're entitled to your opinion, but there's not much proof to back it up. The same year that Florida routed Ohio State, Ohio State beat Texas 24-7. In my opinion, you are wrong.

You're entitled to your opinion, but there's not much proof to back it up. The same year that Florida routed Ohio State, Ohio State beat Texas 24-7. In my opinion, you are wrong.

K thanks for sharing

Around the conference

1. Anyone else see Chase Daniel and Missouri? Yeah I said the same thing...holy sh#t we're in trouble.

2. Texas Tech hasn't changed one bit. They'll beat Texas and lose to Omaha Benson. I'm not impressed one bit.

3. OU looks as good as any team out there. When you have very good line play, your going to be in the hunt for conference and national championship.

4. KU is still a good team, a normally stout defense got hit hard against So. Florida. So. Florida had great overall speed, something many Big 12 teams don't have. I expect KU to challenge MU for the North.

5. MU will challenge OU for the Big 12. But, in old football fashion, there is no substitute for toughness and line play. OU HAS NO WEAKNESS!!

Here's an amazing (at least to me) stat: In the last 2 games, Chase Daniel has thrown more touchdown than incompletions. That's hard to do even without a defense. Here's hoping the Mizzou defense can step up.

What was this week's stat....36-43.....or something like that, are you f'ing kidding me. Oh wait, but only two touchdown passes. :dumdum