brandon jackson

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Brandon, he is the mots underused player on the field these days!

Every time he lined up in the backfield during the Cowboys game I keyed on him (he's one of my favorite NFL Huskers) and he was either blocking someone, or would go out and be wide open EVERY TIME!

WTH, throw him the D&^M ball!!!

Maybe he can't catch? I don't know, but he could have gotten the Pack a few key first down's, thats for sure.

Poor Brandon, he is the mots underused player on the field these days!

Every time he lined up in the backfield during the Cowboys game I keyed on him (he's one of my favorite NFL Huskers) and he was either blocking someone, or would go out and be wide open EVERY TIME!

WTH, throw him the D&^M ball!!!

Maybe he can't catch? I don't know, but he could have gotten the Pack a few key first down's, thats for sure.

Oh I wouldn't worry about BJAX. He's going to get his opportunities and the coaches are impressed with him. They usually use him in their passing game, but honestly I don't think the Packers expected to play against much of a defense that night. I say that from Dallas getting points poured on them from the Eagles the week before. I think GB got thrown off of their offensive game plan and they became inconsistent. Ryan Grant will get every opportunity to snap out of his slump...they gave him a big contract and don't want to waste that...I still expect BJAX to stick at it and earn 10 carries a game by about week 9 or 10.

Believe the Pack drafted him mainly because of his catching abilities. But a young QB like Rodgers tends to want to go deep a lot, which is keeping it away from Jackson. It's working for him now, but he'll learn.

Seems he may have landed in the kind of situation Cedric Benson did in Chicago. When they drafted him there was an obvious need. Now that another back emerged it may be harder to see the field.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think he'd be getting more opportunities. Ryan grant was bad this last weekend. 33 carries and could only gain 90 yards, for a 2.7 yard average..yuck

Jackson was held out of yesterdays game due to an illness. Must have had the flu or something...I'm sure he would have been willing to play though. I wonder how long GB is going to let Grant underachieve?