"Biggest Douche In College Football" Award

From my thread I vote for Coach Mike Leach after OU game:

Most lamest post game quote......., ...in the history of the world.....

zE bOp

post Today, 06:16 AM

Post #1

Blackshirt (701-1000 Posts)

Group: Members

Member No.: 4923

Coach Leach in response to, "what happened?" queries post OU game:

"I think that we wanted to do well and we over-tried," Leach said. " Rather than just trying to do the little routine plays, we tried to make super plays. I felt that we squandered the first half trying to make too much happen and trying to be too good."

K, i have to pause for a long :rollin:rollin

K, better now.

REALLY, Coach Leach, REALLY? Dude, uh, a giant can of whoop azz was just opened and poured all over you and your team for 60 minutes and all you can come up with is, "..we were trying to be T-T-oo GOOD"?!

OMFG!....pause..... :rollin

Oh, and it was soOO obvious TT was trying to make some "super" plays: NOT!!! They were lucky to even get a play off b4 the Sooners were all over them.

"Every facet of that game was controlled by OU from start to finish", Coach Leach, why don't you man up and say THAT instead(he prolly did later)? "OU was bigger, faster, tougher, smarter across the board, basically out or our league", that works too. But NO, the coach says they were worrying about being "too good"! Man, I could see the Sooners just shaking in their shoes over your "goodness". And yes, you soO "squandered away" the 1st half, ya beat yourselves, right? "Runnin' for your lives", "deer in headlights", do these ring a bell?

That has GOT to go down as one of the lame.gif -est post-beat-down quotes in the history of the planet.

Well done, Coach Leach sir, WELL DONE! :thumbs

"I think that we wanted to do well and we over-tried," Leach said. " Rather than just trying to do the little routine plays, we tried to make super plays. I felt that we squandered the first half trying to make too much happen and trying to be too good."

K, better now.

REALLY, Coach Leach, REALLY? Dude, uh, a giant can of whoop azz was just opened and poured all over you and your team for 60 minutes and all you can come up with is, "..we were trying to be T-T-oo GOOD"?!

Oh, and it was soOO obvious TT was trying to make some "super" plays: NOT!!! They were lucky to even get a play off b4 the Sooners were all over them.

"Every facet of that game was controlled by OU from start to finish", Coach Leach, why don't you man up and say THAT instead(he prolly did later)? "OU was bigger, faster, tougher, smarter across the board, basically out or our league", that works too. But NO, the coach says they were worrying about being "too good"! Man, I could see the Sooners just shaking in their shoes over your "goodness". And yes, you soO "squandered away" the 1st half, ya beat yourselves, right? "Runnin' for your lives", "deer in headlights", do these ring a bell?

That has GOT to go down as one of the lame.gif -est post-beat-down quotes in the history of the planet.

:dunno

Never been much of a Leach fan..they really suck

Butt...

At least he didn't throw his team under a bus.

Their psyche was probably damaged enough by OU without him jumping on them.

The "tryin' too hard" thing just might be believable..Gotta start building them back up for the next game.

K, better now.

:dunno

Never been much of a Leach fan..they really suck

Butt...

At least he didn't throw his team under a bus.

Their psyche was probably damaged enough by OU without him jumping on them.

The "tryin' too hard" thing just might be believable..Gotta start building them back up for the next game.

Yeah, I understand what he was trying to say, and it was probably true at the beginning of the game at least--that they were nervous. But first, is that the first thing you say when asked? Normally, in that situation, you acknowledge the other team first. But also, his whole, 'we squandered it' thing was just completely wrong. They didn't even get a chance to squander anything in that game. They had next to zero chances against an OU team that had every aspect of their offense covered and pounded their defense mercilessly. And,"We were trying to play too good" is just a completely comical choice of words.

His comments bordered on, 'we beat ourselves', type of thing and I thought it was very self indulgent. But I'm sure he must have given OU it's due credit in the press conference.

Just curious..(I missed it).

How did Bo handle the post game after Similar results with OU?

Both Bo and Leach were Coordinators for Stoops.

I didn't see it, I'm sure you can find it online either at Huskers.com or Ketv.com. But I'd bet 100 bucks that the first words out of his mouth were something to the effect of, '..we got our asses handed to us by a much better team...' Bo's a different person altogether. Anyway, Leach looked like he was basically in shock--dazed and confused. Was kinda sad.

I'll look for Bo's rmks...

BTW, Stoop's remarks on the field postgame were almost equally as awkward. He was asked why the game wasn't a shootout as expected, and he almost had to fight every impulse in his body that wanted to say something to the effect that he expected them to blow TT out. He said that, '..we've played them a bunch before and we respect and know that team, BUT I didn't expect a shootout...' Something like that. You could tell he was kind of offended by the assumption that TT was going to give the Sooners a game and that TT was ever rated above them. I don't particularly blame him if he was feeling that way.

Just curious..(I missed it).

How did Bo handle the post game after Similar results with OU?

Both Bo and Leach were Coordinators for Stoops.

I didn't see it, I'm sure you can find it online either at Huskers.com or Ketv.com. But I'd bet 100 bucks that the first words out of his mouth were something to the effect of, '..we got our asses handed to us by a much better team...' Bo's a different person altogether. Anyway, Leach looked like he was basically in shock--dazed and confused. Was kinda sad.

I'll look for Bo's rmks...

BTW, Stoop's remarks on the field postgame were almost equally as awkward. He was asked why the game wasn't a shootout as expected, and he almost had to fight every impulse in his body that wanted to say something to the effect that he expected them to blow TT out. He said that, '..we've played them a bunch before and we respect and know that team, BUT I didn't expect a shootout...' Something like that. You could tell he was kind of offended by the assumption that TT was going to give the Sooners a game and that TT was ever rated above them. I don't particularly blame him if he was feeling that way.

K, here's one quote from Bo @ the post OU game press conference:

On Oklahoma

"That is a heck of a football team. They are a damn good football team. I give all the credit to Oklahoma. They beat us in every phase of the game tonight."

Hard to find any other quotes, cuz he basically put things on 'mute' after that game....