Va Tech vs Nu

shagg

1st--Plan on playing 4 QTRS! VT has played 3 decent foes-GT, ECU, UNC-all of which have taken them down to the wire. VT seems to start slow and get much stronger in the 2nd half, their D especially.

--2nd--Our O must hit the ground 'runnin'' and not let the foot off the gas. Use the pass to open up the run; we can't grind on these guys all day. Need at least 25 pts to win. Keep them off balance w play calling.

--3rd--attacking D, force him to pass.

Overall, don't get bogged down into playing Beamer Ball.

1st--Plan on playing 4 QTRS! VT has played 3 decent foes-GT, ECU, UNC-all of which have taken them down to the wire. VT seems to start slow and get much stronger in the 2nd half, their D especially.

--2nd--Our O must hit the ground 'runnin'' and not let the foot off the gas. Use the pass to open up the run; we can't grind on these guys all day. Need at least 25 pts to win. Keep them off balance w play calling.

Beamer ball is a myth! Its just a euphimism for ugly wins... <_<

Our O definetely needs to pick up where they left off against NMSU, we have to contain Tyrod Taylor and force errant throws, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.....

agreed.. we have to throw to set up the run..they're fast on D. We can't get in a predictable situation on offense..i would say alot of miss direction plays to slow them down

You are right: 'Beamer Ball' is a myth like 'American Democracy' is a myth, yet people keep referring to them.

B. Ball just means their D controls the game and, along w their special teams, creates TOs.

VT's strength IS their D so far this yr. :yeah

VT has had 3 ugly wins, and one ugly loss which could be called Beamer Ball--'cept that's a myth... :)

front 4 needs to play great, we need to be able to pressure Glennon and/or Taylor (ankle) without blitzing. Our run D has looked great so far this season, and I expect the same type of output on saturday. Larry Asante CAN NOT MISS TACKLES, or else my boy Ricky Thenarse will take his spot.

31-20 'Skers

i was looking up stats on ncaa.com

rush offense

nu: 37th

vtech: 45th

pass offense

nu: 27th

vtech: 114th

total offense

nu: 20th

vtech: 112th

scoring offense

nu: 16th

vtech:86th

rush defense

nu: 18th

vtech: 72nd

pass defense

nu: 102nd

vtech: 43rd

total defense:

nu: 63rd

vtech: 53rd

scoring defense

nu: 22nd

vtech: 32nd

i was looking up stats on ncaa.com

rush offense

nu: 37th

vtech: 45th

pass offense

nu: 27th

vtech: 114th

total offense

nu: 20th

vtech: 112th

scoring offense

nu: 16th

vtech:86th

rush defense

nu: 18th

vtech: 72nd

pass defense

nu: 102nd

vtech: 43rd

total defense:

nu: 63rd

vtech: 53rd

scoring defense

nu: 22nd

vtech: 32nd

Nebraska opponents: Western Michigan, San Jose St, New Mexico St

Virginia Tech opponents: East Carolina, Georgia Tech, North Carolina

VT has played MUCH better competition, however they have not been very impressive this year so far. I think they are better than the stats indicate and will give the Huskers fits.

All you guys need to do is have a consistant offense to grind it out and you should win. Although Tyrod can make a few plays, our offense is very inconsistant, needs help. Being young is a limited excuse, we are what we are. I love playing Nebraska again, just hope it is not the same thumping we got last time.