***Official Virginia Tech Game Discussion Thread***

im so pissed(excuse the language) but happy right now

why did the refs call that stupid late hit call...PROTECT THE BALL CARRIER

why did they reset the clock...BONEHEADED

why didnt swift just fall down after he cought it????...BETTER CHANCE OF BEATING A COUPLE GUYS IN THE OPEN FIELD AS OPPOSED TO HOPING WE GET ANOTHER PLAYY OFF IN TIME AND HOPE FOR A HAIL MARY

why couldnt our secondary cover anyone????..NOT ENOUGH PENNETRATION BY THE DL

whys kill us...EVENTUALLY MAKE US STRONGER...HOPEFULLY.. :dumdum

The three things that pain me at the end ...

1.) If you are an official, you don't make that personal foul call late in the game. If you are an official and you let a play where another player falls on another one late become the deciding factor in a game, you should be ashamed and out of a job.

2.) Compound that call and put another 10 yards on it with the unsportsmanlike conduct call on Pelini. It's late in the game and you make a questionable call on my field? You deserve every word you get. Get some thick skin and pull your panties out of your a** and quit trying to be a freakin' deciding factor in a close game. That's just plain retarded.

3.) Why in the h*** did the officials not reset the game clock AND the play clock? Instead they allowed more time to come off the clock. It decided nothing, but why even allow it to possibly happen? If the game had came down to a play or two that was taken away from us, then that COULD be the deciding factor.

As far as everything else ..

Get Peterson and Swift off the field together. Either or, but not both at the same time. Both have problems getting open and it showed all night. Get Khiry ready then put in Niles and Curenski more. If we were actually able to stretch the field tonight, then guys like Meno, McNeil, Swift and Peterson could actually be productive.

Um, establish the run. The difference in Helu and Lucky is little. Helu is a better blocker and IMO, the better runner. Lucky is the better receiver. I want the better runner on the field on 1st and 2nd down. On 3rd down, let it be by the situation because Lucky still scares the heck out of me picking up blitzes.

Get Larry Asante off the field. I don't mean just on defense either. I mean all together. That blocked punt was SOLELY on him. You don't even put a hand on the guy when he's coming from your side? I mean, WTF?!?!

God love our d-line. How those guys didn't gas out is beyond me.

And for anyone upset about this week, I would just avoid this board or any board after Saturday of next week. That game is gonna be ugly for us I'm afraid.

I gotta agree with most all of this.

Asante is killing us.

Our O-line is weak!! WTF?!! I do think I have moved to the Helu camp as a runner. I still think Lucky will play on Sundays as a 3rd down back but he just doesn't seem to get it going.

Our secondary is really bad but I really like our D-line.

I can't help but feel that if Cody Glenn had 3 or 4 years as an LB he would be really special.

People are gonna get on Bo for the penalty but if I were coach I'd have been up that officials @$$ and then some.

Last years team would've folded like a cheap tent. I'm disappointed, but I am proud of the effort and physical play of the defense.

time to take out some rage next week against some TIGERS!

:yeah

Somehow, I feel better about the next game..Hopefully we'll learn more from this loss than we would a win.

Shake it off everyone. :cowbell::blink:

I dont want to be rude but how in the hell can you feel better about next week. They had us beating vatech and now the tigers who are good are comin to town. And you feel better about playin a number 5 team then an unranked team. I cant believe that. As we just saw tonight, playing in lincoln doesnt mean a guarantee win. In either vatech, missouri, kansas it doesnt matter. Our team needs more depth and more practice. I believe they are playin there hearts out but were still atleast 1 year behind where we need to be to play this schedule.

Probably why I said "Somehow"?

Can't really 'splain it..Maybe my lingering fears from reading 'Sker's posts about our heart..I saw some out there tonight..And Some of the mistakes can be corrected.

Va tech looked better than they had the last few weeks..and not just because of their opposition tonight.

Our Red zone Defense was impressive for the most part...Mucho better than last year.

I haven't had confidence in our Offense for over a decade but they did show a few more signs of life than I expected, tonight..

We still might lose to MU, but I was thinking more of a blowout before tonight..we didn't quit!

Still probably not tangible enough for most..

I still expect OU and MU to be ranked 1&2 when they play each other.

I totally agree with you Big-Willie. Those pansy refs need to use skin thickner cream. Since when do they call a "T" on a football coach. A damn shame since we were fighting an uphill battle all night only to have those stupid calls kill us. Also, did anyone else notice the knee that went down out of bounds at about the 3 yard line when they spotted it on the 1 foot line?

Well, I was only able to listen to the game on Sirius, but overall it just sounded like VT had the better, more mature team, especially their D and special teams. They controlled FIELD POSITION, the trenches, and the TO margin: we got ZIP TOs--not good. So my hat's off to them.

But, I'm proud of Big Red--they fought hard and nearly stole the win.

Yes, our 2ndary seems weak, O inconsistent, but there were many positives and exciting plays, some good D line effort.

I'm not that disappt'd really.

GBR. <_<

The three things that pain me at the end ...

1.) If you are an official....

2.) Compound that call and put another 10 yards on it with the unsportsmanlike conduct call on Pelini....That's just plain retarded.

3.) Why in the h*** did the officials not reset the game clock AND the play clock? ...

Willie..You watch any Pac-10 games the last couple of years?

The officials appear to be on the take out here.. (Pacland)

Get Peterson and Swift off the field together. Either or, but not both at the same time. Both have problems getting open and it showed all night. Get Khiry ready then put in Niles and Curenski more. If we were actually able to stretch the field tonight, then guys like Meno, McNeil, Swift and Peterson could actually be productive.

Hard to tell for me from watching the tube..But when they did get open, the throws were just a tad off..It happens...One of 'em even got voted MVP tonight..

Um, establish the run. The difference in Helu and Lucky is little. Helu is a better blocker and IMO, the better runner. Lucky is the better receiver. I want the better runner on the field on 1st and 2nd down. On 3rd down, let it be by the situation because Lucky still scares the heck out of me picking up blitzes.

Yeah..Lucy still hesitates too long when traffic opens up..but instead of a whole step he seemed to cut it in half..still a problem.

Get Larry Asante off the field. I don't mean just on defense either. I mean all together. That blocked punt was SOLELY on him. You don't even put a hand on the guy when he's coming from your side? I mean, WTF?!?!

Appeared to me on the replay we only had 4 guys on the line (A penalty) and no one to the right of the R-Guard..I don't think Asante even saw that guy on the periferal of his helmet..Happens..but hopefully we'll line up better next time

God love our d-line. How those guys didn't gas out is beyond me...

Still...I'd like to see more substitution during the whole game..Maybe one or two at a time..We'll need more depth before the season is over.

And for anyone upset about this week, I would just avoid this board or any board after Saturday of next week. That game is gonna be ugly for us I'm afraid.

Hopefully more people will remember saying that they didn't care about W/L's this year..only that we didn't quit.

And someone should have pointed out what Black intermixed with red looks like from a distance.. <_< (Chicago Marroon)