I Hate Our Offense

HuskerBCS

So, you don't want us to run the option, we should get rid of our current playbook, get rid of the offensive coordinator, and run POWER? Like what? a wishbone? Flying wedge? Scrum?

Most people don't know what they want. They just want to run what works. If what's being run now doesn't work, it must suck!

The problem is that this offense has never worked well with any longevity or consistency. Not here, not at CU. The weak dive plays with stutter-step-and-fall-down-Lucky and WR screens are old, tired and usually leave us with a long yardage situation. Then the 3 yard out or 3 yard slant pattern on 3 and 8 just doesn't cut it. I agree with whomever said Watson should have been shown the door with Calllllllahan. The sooner he takes his crappy 80's style offense and leaves, the better off we will be. Do you think that elite qb's (I'm not talking about Beck or Freeman) want to come and play in this garbage, or go to a place like OK St or Mizzou and light up the sky?

I would like to see an offense that can pound someone, get a receiver more than 5 yards downfield on a consistent basis, and can sustain a drive for more than 5 plays.

So, you don't want us to run the option, we should get rid of our current playbook, get rid of the offensive coordinator, and run POWER? Like what? a wishbone? Flying wedge? Scrum?

Most people don't know what they want. They just want to run what works. If what's being run now doesn't work, it must suck!

The problem is that this offense has never worked well with any longevity or consistency. Not here, not at CU. The weak dive plays with stutter-step-and-fall-down-Lucky and WR screens are old, tired and usually leave us with a long yardage situation. Then the 3 yard out or 3 yard slant pattern on 3 and 8 just doesn't cut it. I agree with whomever said Watson should have been shown the door with Calllllllahan. The sooner he takes his crappy 80's style offense and leaves, the better off we will be. Do you think that elite qb's (I'm not talking about Beck or Freeman) want to come and play in this garbage, or go to a place like OK St or Mizzou and light up the sky?

I would like to see an offense that can pound someone, get a receiver more than 5 yards downfield on a consistent basis, and can sustain a drive for more than 5 plays.

Thank you

I dont care what formation it is.....HIT SOMEONE IN THE MOUTH.

Im tired of throwing an incomplete pass on first down, running for 2 yards on second, and then having to throw once again on 3rd and 8.

Get into second and short, third and short where we can actually have a chance to have success. For this to happen we need to run the ball consistently EVERY game. and Im not talking about 150 yards rushing. I want to see more rushing yards than passing EVERY game. I want to see more rushing attempts than passing attempts EVERY game. If we do this, it will be a step in the right direction.

You guys need to let the West Coast offense work. Short passing, had the routes been crisp and correct and had GAnz made good throws, it would have forced Va Tech to ease up on 7 or eight in the box to prevent the short passes. That opens run, and then play action deep passes. Our recievers and quarterback did not execute and that's why it seems like a flawed offense. If we would have tried power running, we would have been stuffed over and over and over again.

You guys need to let the West Coast offense work. Short passing, had the routes been crisp and correct and had GAnz made good throws, it would have forced Va Tech to ease up on 7 or eight in the box to prevent the short passes. That opens run, and then play action deep passes. Our recievers and quarterback did not execute and that's why it seems like a flawed offense. If we would have tried power running, we would have been stuffed over and over and over again.

How is a short 3-4 yard pass going to ease on the amount of guys in the box. Its no different than a run in terms of results but it brings in the possibility of an interception since you dont have control of the ball while its in the air. If you run and keep it in your possession, you souldnt loose it.

well im not about to run a guy out of town that supposedly will be out of town by december anyway with a head coaching job, but there are problems. There are times when things work well and look like an offense with an identity, but too often it just seems like we are being too fancy for our own good still

My take on the offense is this, Lucky could be such a better runner if he would just explode out of the line of scrimage. He stutters, falls downs, and then gets tackled. Mr. Ganz did not play good at all. pretty much sucked the 1st half of the game. With all the problems, I think they need to adress is penalties. They are killing themselves. As far as I'm concerned, Nebraska gave them the game.

Helu runs harder, he plays with intensity, and doesn't go down on arm tackles. Its just a suggestion but what about Lucky at slot and using helu and castille at HB sounds good to me; Lucky is a threat at reciever try him at slot.