Bad football team

rome wasnt built in a day and NU wont be rebuilt in a year

Amen. I hate , I mean hate so bad this is gonna affect my mood for a week and Im getting Married on the11th. But Id never say my boys suck. So you sir are a dickbag . Please move on to a anti husker site if you want to put that garbage up. I swear we should only give internet to people who pass IQ tests. Scarlet and white for life.

edit" I was refering to the starter of the thread not Jhwak

Hastings_husker_in_plano's account has been permanently banned due to his third violation of Board rules - personal attack/name calling.

Sorry someone had to get banned....

Anyone, on to posting. I am just back to reiterate that this is a rebuilidng year, a new staff and that you all should be far more patient. Getting whipped by the #4 team in the country when you are a team in the bottom half of the Big 12 (which you definitely are) is not a sign that Bo is awful. HE needs time to get the team trained in his system. Ifdid think NU should have done better than it did, but I fully expected a pretty big win by Mizzou. Those of you who think the sky is falling need to chill. Nebraska has a lot of great things that will help it come back, but history and tradition don't suit up and take the field and until you convince some mor egood players that they should come, which you probably will, to do the suiting up, there will be some games like this.

Anyone, on to posting. I am just back to reiterate that this is a rebuilidng year, a new staff and that you all should be far more patient. Getting whipped by the #4 team in the country when you are a team in the bottom half of the Big 12 (which you definitely are) is not a sign that Bo is awful. HE needs time to get the team trained in his system. Ifdid think NU should have done better than it did, but I fully expected a pretty big win by Mizzou. Those of you who think the sky is falling need to chill. Nebraska has a lot of great things that will help it come back, but history and tradition don't suit up and take the field and until you convince some mor egood players that they should come, which you probably will, to do the suiting up, there will be some games like this.

I have to agree. It will take some time. Bo needs 5, count em, 5 years to rebuild this program. Pinkel and Mangino took more than that. Give Pelini 5 years and he'll have the ship pointed back in the right direction, heck, it may be back in 3, considering the talent MU losses after this year, and the talent KU losses after next year. The next two recruiting classes will be critical for success at NU. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but patience is badly needed. You think it's bad here?? Just take a good long look at the mess KSU is in and feel lucky you're not in their shoes. The wagon is broken and heading for a steep cliff.

I have to agree. It will take some time. Bo needs 5, count em, 5 years to rebuild this program. Pinkel and Mangino took more than that. Give Pelini 5 years and he'll have the ship pointed back in the right direction, heck, it may be back in 3, considering the talent MU losses after this year, and the talent KU losses after next year. The next two recruiting classes will be critical for success at NU. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but patience is badly needed. You think it's bad here?? Just take a good long look at the mess KSU is in and feel lucky you're not in their shoes. The wagon is broken and heading for a steep cliff.

I predicted a 52-28 mizzou score.

I started to watch the game but quickly recorded it on tape in another room.

I then watched the other games.

My thoughts are that this team hasn't improved from last year.

We STILL have the same losing mentality.

Its like an old boxer who gets beat fight after fight.

He goes thru the motions.

This team will not improve until all of Callahan's recruits are out of the system.

They are programed to fail.

It will take at least 4 years to get to a 8 win season.

So anyone want to predict the TT game?

TT 77-17

God, I hope you're not as close as you were this week...

I hate to predict a score, because one of these weeks we'll get things together, or will catch one of these high-ranking teams flat. But I also know that Leach will score as often as humanly possible as he may be one of the most classless coaches in the NCAA.

TT 49, NU 28

Meh, You can't change things that were instilled in a team over one year. The coaches are doing their job, I think the schemes are fine, we just keep shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and mental mistakes. No f'ing reason to say the coaches arent getting it done at this point. My god.

Hey everybody we lost another game and nothing has changed, LETS ALL JUMP SHIP!!!

:bang f'ing pathetic.

We will be fine, get it some f'ing time.

'The coaching staff is not getting it done' were Pelini's words from his show after the Va. Tech game. Take it up with him.

I predicted a 52-28 mizzou score.

I started to watch the game but quickly recorded it on tape in another room.

I then watched the other games.

My thoughts are that this team hasn't improved from last year.

We STILL have the same losing mentality.

Its like an old boxer who gets beat fight after fight.

He goes thru the motions.

This team will not improve until all of Callahan's recruits are out of the system.

They are programed to fail.

It will take at least 4 years to get to a 8 win season.

So anyone want to predict the TT game?

TT 77-17

Oldman --- you make me feel like an optomist!

I think that you may be right --- but I think we can be OK in three years --- one year ahead of your prediction. This year and next a .500 season is about as good as it will get.

As for the TTech game I'd back off a little. NU should score in the 20's and TTech in the 60's, maybe high 60's --- but 77-17 is beyond where I think it will go.

I gotta agree this thing is going to take time. I don't think it was just Callahan it was the whole thing. Remember after Stevie Pederson was fired what was coming out of Lincoln? He was a controller, a manipulator he made everyone walk on eggshells I mean the whole thing was broke.

Things are a mess down there but TO and Pelini will get the football ship righted.

Missouri has so much more talent than we have right now. Despite Billy C's "pretty" recruiting, we are badly depleted right now. It goes to show you that you cannot buy into those recruiting services. Yes, the question is why do other schools with four and five star players, like USC, do so well? I would suspect that those schools have their own rating systems, and perhaps Billy C didn't and relied way too much on Rivals and Scout? :dunno

I think you some of you have been drinking the kool-aid too long. Skullandbones is right, this team (including the Coaching Staff) is not very good right now. I didn't agree with the Pelini hire to begin with, but I never expected his team to preform this poorly. For crying out load, the worst home loss in 40 some years...How can anyone defend that? Even a Callahan coached team can't claim that!

And I'm not calling for anyone's head, I don't think Pelini should be canned or anything like it, but who's lap do we put in?

Did you watch the post game press conference? You put it in Pelini's lap. He took full responsibility for the horrible showing as he should have. That's the best you can ask for.

Get off this team's back man. We lost to the #4 team in the nation. It's just not in the cards this year. But if you're so upset about it then go away, I'm sure we'll see ya in a couple of years when we're competitive again.

Don't start this 'fair wheather' b.s. with me. I heard Pelini's post game conference and wasn't surprised one little bit when he put it on himself. He confirmed for me that what I originally posted was on the mark. I honest to God think he's the right person to turn this thing around, but I think alot of us - myself included - were expecting WAY too much right out of the gate. It was unfair.

I also think alot of our players are so eager to please that they are just making some dumb mistakes.