I'm baffled

I gotta say, after reading the negativity on these boards that I'm a little baffled.

Can I ask- Who did some of you think we are?

We are a team that went 5-7 last year and quit in a bunch of games. A team with a new staff, lacking depth.

I've been saying MU was gonna hang 60 on us for weeks. Is it what I wanted to happen? NO Was it easy to watch? NO Am I disappointed? YES- I do start drinking the kool-aid at some point around Thursday.

Some of the overwhelming negativity, the calling for jobs, the doom and gloom projections. WTF??

We are a 7-5, maybe 6-6 (and maybe 8-4?!) football team. Although the Callahan quit started to resurface a little last night, I like watching this team better than last years team.

I'm frustrated too but what did some of you think was gonna happen last night? We have some good victories and some really big a$$ kickings coming this year. It's painful but I think it was obvious going into the season.

Chillax and cheer for your team!! Its in the middle of a coaching and culture change. I still lthink this season will be way more fun than last year.

I gotta say, after reading the negativity on these boards that I'm a little baffled.

Can I ask- Who did some of you think we are?

We are a team that went 5-7 last year and quit in a bunch of games. A team with a new staff, lacking depth.

I've been saying MU was gonna hang 60 on us for weeks. Is it what I wanted to happen? NO Was it easy to watch? NO Am I disappointed? YES- I do start drinking the kool-aid at some point around Thursday.

Some of the overwhelming negativity, the calling for jobs, the doom and gloom projections. WTF??

We are a 7-5, maybe 6-6 (and maybe 8-4?!) football team. Although the Callahan quit started to resurface a little last night, I like watching this team better than last years team.

I'm frustrated too but what did some of you think was gonna happen last night? We have some good victories and some really big a$$ kickings coming this year. It's painful but I think it was obvious going into the season.

Chillax and cheer for your team!! Its in the middle of a coaching and culture change. I still lthink this season will be way more fun than last year.

I never expected the defense to hold Missouri, but I did expect their punter to make is debut at some point.

The real problem here is the offense. Tenth in the nation last year without a massive dropoff at any position and we can't put up more than 10 real points against Missouri's shining beacon of mediocrity that they call a defense. This is a problem. A big, big problem.

You realize you mention their punter not seeing the feild and then blame the offense.

Our 10th ranked offense put up all of 6 points against this team last year as well. Last year;s O had lots of garbage time #'s.

There are lots of problems but we knew that going in. Didn't we?

You realize you mention their punter not seeing the feild and then blame the offense.

Our 10th ranked offense put up all of 6 points against this team last year as well. Last year;s O had lots of garbage time #'s.

Don't get me wrong. I don't much disagree with anything you said, but what I meant by commenting on the offense as the problem was that they surprise me whereas the defense doesn't. I never expected the D to do anything. I expected the offense to at least make their way into the twenties. Look, Missouri has no D either. They are pitifully average and we couldn't compete with that. It's a surprise to me, but it won't be after this week. I've lost all faith in Watson and Cotton.

Don't get me wrong. I don't much disagree with anything you said, but what I meant by commenting on the offense as the problem was that they surprise me whereas the defense doesn't. I never expected the D to do anything. I expected the offense to at least make their way into the twenties. Look, Missouri has no D either. They are pitifully average and we couldn't compete with that. It's a surprise to me, but it won't be after this week. I've lost all faith in Watson and Cotton.

i agreed..was atleast expecting the offense to score more points

I wasn't disappointed in the game at all. It was what I thought it would be. My projected score was 55-20, so, the score didn't surprize me.

Sometimes I feel people on here say, or imply I'm not a real husker fan because I am a "realist" along with being a fan. I'm originally from Missouri, where we had a resort at Lake of the Ozarks, so I've seen this team grow and develop and I know how hard Mizzou wants to beat us.

They have the players and have jumped over the mental hump to finally hang one on us. We are rebuilding folks, we don't have the players Mizzou has. My gosh, Daniel and Maclin are a big cut above anybody on our team. That RB was nice as well. Our strength is our coach and his attitude. It's gonna be okay. Give him some time.

We will finish .500 or less IMHO, and that's okay. Thank God for a puff off-season schedule, otherwise we would have maybe 3 wins ... IMHO.

Still on board!

SheepdogMark