Cy's Totally Unbiased Observations & Questions

Well, the weekend is over…Iowa State gets another one of those “moral victories”. ..which totally suck. Getting a moral victory is like having great sex and then turning on the light and finding your sister in bed with you… <_<

Now…some unbiased questions and observations about the MU/NU game on Saturday

Saturday night would have probably been an opportune time for a couple of the other QB’s to get some game experience. Why didn’t Bo put someone else into the game to get some snaps?

Is Burkes really the best the Huskers have on the O-Line? Honestly…if he’s a lead blocker on a sweep, shouldn’t he be able to LEAD the back to the corner and then actually BLOCK someone? He looked like a big rock in a stream. Defenders flowed around him like water. It’s no wonder runners can’t find any open room to run in. When your HC has to run onto the field and get in your face while your back is still lying under a pile of Missouri defenders, someone is obviously not getting the job done.

Can someone please buy Zach Potter a chinstrap that will actually hold his helmet on his head? I noticed it rolling across the field four times during the game.

When was the last time that a Nebraska team had more yards in penalties than they had rushing the football?

Is it just me or is are Swift and Peterson making Ganz look good despite himself?

What was the big surprise about the defense on Saturday? Was it that two Missouri linemen would be able to relax most of the night? Come on…a three man front against the spread Missouri’s linemen maintain? How was that supposed to work?

Why do the Husker d-backs constantly end up running each other over during pass coverage? I saw more Husker on Husker tackles on pass coverage than I care to mention.

There was a shot of Gabbert and Hoch on the field together late in the 4th quarter. Anyone else find that ironic?

I don’t know about the rest of you but the TD at the end of the game seemed like kind of a pathetic gesture to me especially considering that Missouri had pretty much cleared the bench by that time.

That's it for now. Needless to say, I wasn't real thrilled with the results of either game, though in my favor, I did shut off the ISU/Kansas game at halftime after predicting to my son that ISU would find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Some things simply never change.... :angry:

Well, the weekend is over…Iowa State gets another one of those “moral victories”. ..which totally suck. Getting a moral victory is like having great sex and then turning on the light and finding your sister in bed with you… <_<

Now…some unbiased questions and observations about the MU/NU game on Saturday

Saturday night would have probably been an opportune time for a couple of the other QB’s to get some game experience. Why didn’t Bo put someone else into the game to get some snaps?

Is Burkes really the best the Huskers have on the O-Line? Honestly…if he’s a lead blocker on a sweep, shouldn’t he be able to LEAD the back to the corner and then actually BLOCK someone? He looked like a big rock in a stream. Defenders flowed around him like water. It’s no wonder runners can’t find any open room to run in. When your HC has to run onto the field and get in your face while your back is still lying under a pile of Missouri defenders, someone is obviously not getting the job done.

Can someone please buy Zach Potter a chinstrap that will actually hold his helmet on his head? I noticed it rolling across the field four times during the game.

When was the last time that a Nebraska team had more yards in penalties than they had rushing the football?

Is it just me or is are Swift and Peterson making Ganz look good despite himself?

What was the big surprise about the defense on Saturday? Was it that two Missouri linemen would be able to relax most of the night? Come on…a three man front against the spread Missouri’s linemen maintain? How was that supposed to work?

Why do the Husker d-backs constantly end up running each other over during pass coverage? I saw more Husker on Husker tackles on pass coverage than I care to mention.

There was a shot of Gabbert and Hoch on the field together late in the 4th quarter. Anyone else find that ironic?

I don’t know about the rest of you but the TD at the end of the game seemed like kind of a pathetic gesture to me especially considering that Missouri had pretty much cleared the bench by that time.

That's it for now. Needless to say, I wasn't real thrilled with the results of either game, though in my favor, I did shut off the ISU/Kansas game at halftime after predicting to my son that ISU would find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Some things simply never change.... :angry:

let me be the first to say that I cant really relate to that one

:lol: i'm not so sure Potter's helmet didn't get more yards than Nebraska's running backs :blink: