57 seriously 57!?

eoltmer

CU fans knocked Watson pretty hard saying if he didn't have spectacular talent then his O was going to struggle pretty bad. In 2003 by NFL standards, we had some serious players. Then he goes to OU which has always had stud players on D ever since Stoops has been there. Then he goes to LSU which had stud D players. Who's to say Pelini's schemes and D won't work unless he has spectacular talent?

CU fans knocked Watson pretty hard saying if he didn't have spectacular talent then his O was going to struggle pretty bad. In 2003 by NFL standards, we had some serious players. Then he goes to OU which has always had stud players on D ever since Stoops has been there. Then he goes to LSU which had stud D players. Who's to say Pelini's schemes and D won't work unless he has spectacular talent?

I think you need to stop looking at the stud players and look at what Bo has been able to do with average players. He makes them work their tails off to become great players. He has taken some kids that weren't that great, but made them great with his philosophies and scemes. T. J. Hollowell comes to mind. Third on the team in tackels in 2003. Trevor Johnson, Ryon Bingham, and others. I may be wrong, but I dont remember them being big name prospects, but they bought in, drank the kool-aid and did some big things for our D that year. Bo is a good coach, there is no denying that. It is just going to take some time to change old habits that have been instilled in a lot of these players that have been there for 3-5 years.

But it is still more credentials than what Pelini has which was my point. Why does Pelini get more time than BC?

Maybe it's because Pelini has been successful everywhere he has been, including here.

exactly....not to mention we're only 5 games into his career ;)

Making the Super bowl as a head coach your first year is great....but I wouldn't say it's 'better' than Pelini's record with two NC visits and winning records at the past three schools.

I'd also give Pelini more time because of his previous ties with the school and it's tradition.

ironically Callahan was 15-17 in Big XII play? The exact record he had in NFL regular season play I think.

Honestly, this season is going to look very similar to the last four. The reason is unknown, but popular belief(and what I strongly believe) is the fact that these are not Pelini's players.

I believe that Pelini is capable of leading this team to better seasons, but the best coach on this earth couldn't fix the debacle that Callahan caused this team.

It will be years before we see a top 25 team, even longer til we see a top 10 team, and again longer til championship team, but give it time and it will come true, this I believe.

I agree. I still love Pelini. He'll do the job guys, just give the guy 5 years, not 5 games.

Uhmm, isn't this the exact same reasoning we used for Callahan? I remember lots of people saying that Callahan just needed to get his players in and we'd be better. We all know how that turned out.

Pelini himself has said it; the lack of execution falls on the coaching staff, they need to do a better job plain and simple.

Why do we have to keep coming up with excuse after excuse, the coaches and players are not getting it done and player execution is the responsibility of the coaching staff. End. Of. Story.

Here's the fact: it's going to take time and a better job by the coaching staff before we start competing with the MU, OU, TT type teams of the league.

How come people wanted my head on a stick when I said the same thing?