Record 47-37 last 84 games

Alot of people say that day in Boulder in 2001 the Husker program changed. So I went back and checked what the Husker record is and it is 47-37. In 84 games the Huskers are just 10 games over .500. The numbers don't lie. Nebraska football is a middle of the pack football program. That is why the Huskers are 0-10 vs Top 10 teams. Right now Nebraska can only beat the lesser programs and loses to the top tier teams and split the games when the teams are even. This slide will be a 10 year slide and around 2011 I hope with recruiting and a winning attitude the Huskers can and will come back to winning conference titles.

yeah, our suckage is pretty well documented. I don't think many would argue about that. But lets look at the bright side. Saturday we have a chance to break that 0-10 record.

GO BIG RED!

No. No we have no chance. Well... OK theoretically we do. But in any real sense, we have no chance. Lets hope that we can stay within 21 points or so --- such would be about all that we can hope for. Let's hope that a 42 point or greater spread does not happen. If it gets that bad, then the composite of these two games (Missouri & TTech) will be a modern analog of the CU game that sent the program reeling a decade ago.

It will be a long time coming before NU will be back. And honestly, there is nothing tangible to suggest that coming back at all is something we can bank upon. All we have is hope that things change.

My point is that there is nothing to suggest that the next decade will be better except a faith we have in Bo. As for recruits and young talent on the team --- neither looks good. As for Jr/Sr. level talent? Mid-conference at best. As for how current recruiting is going? Mid-conference at best.

I'd love to the see the Win/Loss ratio as well. Golly gee, don't we have like 8 home games a year as well? Seems like we have maybe 3-4 games away each year at the most.

That makes the 47-37 record even more sad.

I'd like to see home and away games be 50-50 with tougher competition as well. We need to build an "attitude" again ... at present we are soft and in need of home cookin'.

SheepdogMark

man we are starting to sound like cubs fans... wait til next year :bang

Ironically I have been a Cub fan since 1960. With them I have waited, unrewarded, for 48 years (and counting). I guess that makes me appreciate being a Husker fan too! I have seen 5 national Championships at NU and that was awesome.

But, yes. for the Huskers wait till next.... century.

man we are starting to sound like cubs fans... wait til next year :bang

Ironically I have been a Cub fan since 1960. With them I have waited, unrewarded, for 48 years (and counting). I guess that makes me appreciate being a Husker fan too! I have seen 5 national Championships at NU and that was awesome.

But, yes. for the Huskers wait till next.... century.

Ouch :nutz