Collier vs Solich

From the Omaha World Herald

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1357225

I think Shatel hits it on the head when he talks about the hypocrisy in the differences between the way Solich was treated and the way Collier is treated by puderson. :wacko:

Sure seems like pud had an alterior motive when he fired Frank, and it obviously wasnt for bringing the program out of mediocrity. :wtf

I could see a comparison if Collier was hand selected by Danny Nee or some stupid crap like that. Since that's not the case, the comparison is just stupid. Nebraska Football >>> Nebraska Basketball in terms of what it means to the state and the university. Especially monetarily. Nebraska has never really been a basketball super power. Even if he did get rid of Collier, I don't see how Pederson could have brought a big basketball name to NU. There's no story to the program, especially when you compare it to NU Football. Unless you could Danny Nee's line of ties.....

Yea, Solich wasn't Pederson's guy. That's obvious. Get over it. I guess it is impossible for the opposite to be true about Collier. At least in the short term.

Shatel is just pissed that he didn't get his way. That Collier didn't take a long hike of a short bridge yesterday. I am sure something else will come up soon that he can ride the fence on, which he is so good at.

I could see a comparison if Collier was hand selected by Danny Nee or some stupid crap like that. Since that's not the case, the comparison is just stupid. Nebraska Football >>> Nebraska Basketball in terms of what it means to the state and the university. Especially monetarily. Nebraska has never really been a basketball super power. Even if he did get rid of Collier, I don't see how Pederson could have brought a big basketball name to NU.  There's no story to the program, especially when you compare it to NU Football. Unless you could Danny Nee's line of ties.....

Yea, Solich wasn't Pederson's guy. That's obvious. Get over it. I guess it is impossible for the opposite to be true about Collier. At least in the short term.

Shatel is just pissed that he didn't get his way. That Collier didn't take a long hike of a short bridge yesterday. I am sure something else will come up soon that he can ride the fence on, which he is so good at.

While what you say has some truth to it, but I dont think that NU should settle for a second-rate BBall program. There is no reason why it could not be successful in Lincoln, and I dont think that NU fans should be apathetic about it.

While what you say has some truth to it, but I dont think that NU should settle for a second-rate BBall program. There is no reason why it could not be successful in Lincoln, and I dont think that NU fans should be apathetic about it.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that(can't believe I just said that). :lol: Basketball could be a big deal here, no one cared about the baseball program before 5 years ago and look at it now. I think Shatel hit it on the head, Collier is not a difference maker. He is a caretaker. It's time to go out and find a difference maker.

What the hell is Shatels problem. He reminds me of Mike Kelly in the 80's vigorously wanting Osborne replaced. Now Kelly writes nice, tender articles about nothing. The frickin' World Herald should report the news not try to be the news. We all know Pederson knows what he's doing, look at all the ass-kissing going on constantly about Callahan and the football program.

Shatel's just got a bigger forum to preach his views. Who cares what he thinks, he doesn't make the decisions. Shatel's pretty nice compared to some media outlets like New York and Boston. I'd like to see Matt Daugherty come in here to coach, I think he was a pretty good coach at ND and NC, but could we get him? Would he be interested? Who knows. At least we have some talent on the way next year to help Joe and Aleks.

One thing I respect about Collier is that when Pederson told him to recruit better players, he didn't make excuses, he went out and did just that. When Pederson told Frank to bring in better players, Frank said it could not be done.

Callahan's class proved that it can be done. Collier is on the way, we'll just see if he can coach the talent.